Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue and red blinking subwoofer hk450

(Topic created on: 22-10-2019 01:32 PM)
Mitcnath
Apprentice
Options

Resetting works for a bit then just keeps going back to the red and blue blinking light 

30 REPLIES 30
Members_YivJmYs
First Poster
Options

Hi

Did anyone find a solution.  We have a HW J6500R with exactly same issue of flashing blue and red lights.  Software update and followed manual to fix but after several hours no luck. If the pcb is gone like one of the posts then samsung ought to fix these as there's lots of similar situations 

0 Likes
vik1471
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone, there is no resolution to this issue as Samsung confirmed its the main pcb which is no longer available. Its awful that they will not do anything further and basically have left many customers with irreparable and useless Samsung devices. I contacted Samsung direct and a local Samsung repair centre and they told me there was nothing further they could do! I think we should all put posts on Samsung Facebook /  Instagram and Twitter pages saying that they have let so many customers down...

What next?

0 Likes
Members_1dzu3v4
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have the issue with a HW-Q70T soundbar and sub. 

• I have tried updating firmware - no update available
  • turned device on and off - no impact
  • Unit will sync with a mobile phone via Bluetooth

Can you advise please

0 Likes
Alex Forbes
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem, so I took it apart and checked the power supply and found a broken solder joint

so I just fixed the solder joint, now it’s working 100% 

83DA5638-706F-43E2-82EB-FE75801F7E9A.jpeg

AntS
Options

Hi all,

Just a post to say that whilst  we appreciate the self-help spirit and ingenuity of Community users, we can't allow advice on our Community that involves the opening up of a Samsung product's casing to tamper with the internal components; or any other potentially dangerous repair advice. 

Whether your product is in or out of the manufacturer warranty, in the event of any problems with it that can't be solved by our advised troubleshooting, we would always urge Samsung users to contact their local Samsung Support (https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/) and/or have their product inspected and repaired by an approved Samsung engineer or technician.

This isn’t about profiteering. This about ensuring any work carried out on your Samsung product is up to our standards for safety and quality - even beyond the warranty.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/news-rules-faqs/community-policy-on-dangerous-diy-unorthodox-rep... 

Thanks.

Cornishbloke
First Poster
Options

Hi was this joint in the speaker of the main sound bar?

0 Likes
Tomewest
First Poster
Options

Although I appreciate the sentiment, Samsung support told me to book a repair, which I tried to do but that would cost me £40 just to look at it. 

I think in the modern day with the consumers right to repair, this kind of advice is really useful. I'm very unimpressed my subwoofer has failed and I cannot get the advice I need to fix it myself. I understand that I will invalidate the warranty, but at the moment it is looking more cost effective to just replace the whole unit (from a different manufacturer based on this experience) than it will be to get it repaired by a third party.

0 Likes
JorgeeAR
Apprentice
Options

I didn't have this problem this year so far.

I did have this problem usually in Summer.

Possible causes where: the air conditioner giving cold air to it (??? or electric supply disruption.

Note that I have a transformer because the subwoofer is 110v and I have 220v in Argentina.

Argentina usually has electricity problems (voltage) in Summer due to the heat waves.

I'm pretty sure that unstable voltage is the cause for this error.

You should check if everything is in order with a tester or something.

0 Likes
Samara77
First Poster
Options

Works great, thanks!

0 Likes
Members_NajpwN2
First Poster
Options

Well done! I wish i knew how to do this!

0 Likes