Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Blu ray BD-J5900 boot loop

(Topic created on: 27-07-2020 03:00 PM)
Peter137
Apprentice
Options

Our Blu ray player BD-J5900 stopped working yesterday and seems to be on a boot loop. I have tried leaving it unplugged overnight, there's no disc in the machine and I have pressed the power and eject button. It just powering on and then turning itself off again repeatedly. 
Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

22 REPLIES 22
Options

After a week of waiting and getting the worst run-around in history, it is clear that Samsung does not stand by their products. Nor do they value return business. The process for sending my blu-ray player in for repair is ultimately more costly, due to the unreasonable time consumption on the part of customer service, and completely not worth the hassle and energy. I have never in my life received poorer customer service. I have never in my life had a company waste my time the way Samsung has. I have never in my life had so much difficulty trying to get a straight answer. Samsung blu-ray players have malfunctioned on a very large scale. There are freaking news articles written about it. Samsung has made this situation 100 times more difficult than it ever had to be and they are making their customers pay the price because their customers are at a complete loss and being lied to on multiple levels. I will solve this problem the old fashioned way - by purchasing a non-Samsung replacement and never forgetting the awful service they provide as a company. 

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @VeryunhappycustomerN , 

I have moved your post to this similar thread. Please check the response given here to see if they help. 

0 Likes
fredlyfry
First Poster
Options

Who is doing the free repair and how did you get them to do it?

0 Likes
Peter137
Apprentice
Options
I called UK customer service who arranged free collection and repair
0 Likes
Options

Don't know why you moved my post. I'm not in Europe...

0 Likes
Johnson62
First Poster
Options

Hi just got through to the help desk , been given my service number and told it will be 24 hours ish for repair team to contact me....let's hope they are correct

0 Likes
RalphF
First Poster
Options

I'm in the US. I sent mine in to Samsung a month ago and have yet to receive it back. They originally told me it would take 7-10 days to complete. It has now been over 4 weeks! 

0 Likes
RalphF
First Poster
Options

Did you get it fixed? I sent mine in as well but have been waiting 4 weeks now.

0 Likes
Peter137
Apprentice
Options
Yes, I received it back within 5 days after I sent it. The company that repaired it in the UK wasn’t that far from me. I would chase them to find out how much longer it’s going to take, I know they actually repaired it in like 30 minutes once the engineer looked at it.
Good luck
0 Likes
Shakeyonair
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

Here in Belgium they send you to the moon with your foreign unit.

I did asked info for a repair in the Us now. When you buy a 250 Dollar unit in the Us  and they fully cover the repair here in Europe, The repair must at least be possible for the entire world. Not my fault that  their updates are not correct . Hopely it will be aranged soon cause service is important. We pay for good stuff and good service as well. 

Best regards

Shakey

0 Likes