I have this problem for over a month now.
I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.
Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.
When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:
- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.
- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.
- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..
- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.
- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.
- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.
Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.
This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).
Same symptoms with my onkyo tx-nr585 and 58NU7100. I tried with many HDMI Cables and did not work. After some days trying to connect the receiver and the TV , I just unplugged it all cables and i waited for 5 minutes and.. voila! It works!
Give it a few minutes, hours, or days and it will stop working again. If it works for you for more than 3-4 weeks, please let me know. This may mean that Samsung has fixed the issues with a Sofware update.
Does anyone from SAMSUNG read this topic?
Do they intend to solve this serious problem?
Many customers have poor SAMSUNG experience - all the same without a solution.
I have the same problem with my Samsung KU6179 andPioneer VSX-831.
It used to work all the time (1.5 years). Since yesterday morning my TV does not recognzie my AVR as such. No sound via ARC HDMI of the TV while PS4 and cablebox is working. Also volumeadjustment is no more possible with the TV's and cablebox remotecontrol. Thats frustrating.
Brand new Q6DR and Onkyo TX-NR676 AVR. Previously had a smaller LG hooked up to the Onkyo and HDMI ARC and CEC worked flawlessly. I upgraded to the bigger Samsung for size, and also the built in DirecTVNow app and Apple TV. These were my key reasons for going to Samsung because those features aren't coming to LG any time soon, if ever.
Initially, ARC worked. Then it didn't. Both TV and AVR have latest firmware. I unplugged for a minute and restarted, but still not working.
Guess I'll be getting a digital cable because this problem doesn't seem to even be on Samsung's radar, despite me seeing tons of threads on this exact issue in all sorts of A/V forums.