Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa and Q990B

(Topic created on: 29-08-2022 09:06 PM)
Bprecey
First Poster
Options

Purchased this today and cannot get the soundbar to work with the built in Alexa wake word.  I have tried everything but to no avail. 

I’ve registered it properly with smart things etc and added it to Alexa too. 

even tried a full factory reset  

can anyone advise?

7 REPLIES 7
Aaron Young Craig
First Poster
Options

Same issue here

Elena kroshka
Student
Options

Alexa was working perfectly from 06.08.2022. Now 09.08.2022 it no longer responds to voice commands - no lights appear. Restarted the devices, disconnected and readded Alexa in both Samsung and Alexa apps. Mic is on. Very frustrating, any ideas welcomed.

0 Likes
Members_LzoixGF
Student
Options

I had the exact same thing when i set mine up 4 weeks ago. It worked fine and played music then just like that it wouldn't 'wake up'. 

I reset it twice and last week i reset it again. I connected the soundbar to my smart things app and then registered the soundbar to my alexa app on my ipad. However it didnt work until about 2 days later when it randomly 'woke' and now it's been working for the last 3 days

0 Likes
rodrigofruiz
Student
Options

Third day of use and I have the same problem. My firmware is 1008.2. Samsung's engineering team urgently needs to fix the software. I'm looking at a number of disgruntled users. I am frustrated with the product, company support and the Samsung company.

0 Likes
Streetsmart
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, I have enabled both Smarthings and Samsung Wireless Audio Skills, was able to discover and add the Q990B in the Alexa App. I can even get my Echo Speaker to play music on the Q990B. 

0 Likes
goob
First Poster
Options

Exactly same issue. Alexa set up works perfectly. SmartThings logs in, gets permission and adds the device. The Alexa app recognizes the sound bar and even allows for configuration of all the parameters and use as a speaker. However  the soundbar never responds to the Alexa command

0 Likes
Jonty
Student
Options

Hallo goob,

it’s just weird. Like you did all the same things and this time Alexa didn’t work at all.  I tried deleting and reinstalling the Alexa and SmartThings apps several times, then one morning without warning Alexa started responding again! For me I think my problem is an unstable wifi signal, the initial connection seems to need a really really strong wifi connection. Alexa has been working for three days now so must be due to leave tomorrow. Just keep repeating what you’re trying, there is no  logic behind it but at some point Alexa will respond to you. Good luck

0 Likes