Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

1012.6 Firmware Update for hw-Q90R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 05:19 PM)
next6000
Explorer
Options

Hi Guys,

I've performed the firmware update 1012.6 for my HW-Q90R soundbar via USB drive. (currently doesn't work with smarthings app)

Given that there is no official statement from Samsung with the details of the update I would like to check with the community what new features have been included.

Also how should be the list bellow if the firmware 1012.6 is correctly applied to all components  ?

Thank you :smiling-face:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

Go to solution
304 REPLIES 304
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

but wouldn’t the recent update increase rear volume output in Atmos as well?

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Has done nothing to my rear speaker sound as always had them set to full volume and always had them working fine. Sometimes an add, or tv program will use the rears other times not, depends on content. The rear speakers are not used all the time 

0 Likes
MGTC
Student
Options

So once I turn my soundbar off, the hidden function will turn off automatically or will still continue on always 

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

So here’s a question. With this new FW update I can can finally ask some good advice from my forum comrades. What is the ideal setting in Surround? I realize in Atmos the levels can’t be adjusted but in Surround I have Treble at 3, Bass at 3, Sync at 0, Center at 4, Side at 4, Front Top at 4, Rear at 5, Rear Top at 5 and Virtual On. Essentially I have no clue what I’m doing and would provide much Karma for some guidance. 

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options

Have all my speakers set to full volume 

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Was thinking of doing that and let the surround do the separation. If you set to zero on everything does Surround adjust the speaker volume like Atmos?

0 Likes
Janitorus
Pathfinder
Options

These settings depend on your taste and on the size of your room. I have front-top and side at +6, which requires center to be boosted to +3. I like the added spacious sound of the tops and sides and I'm not too far away from the soundbar, so center doesn't require a huge boost. With this setup, the location of whatever happens on screen, matches with the location my brain places the sounds at. My bass is at +3 and subwoofer at +2 I think. But those two can be harder to tune in, depending on where your subwoofer is placed.

This is on a HW-Q80R but that principle is the same. "Virtual" you'll probably want to turn off if you want to stay close and true to the original sound mix I think. But then again, turn it on if you like it.

Just watch a good Atmos movie, tweak the settings during your favourite scene. Watch it with levels at 0, boost one location, trust your ears, go from there 👍

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for this. I agree with the sides and top at higher levels but I will try them at 6 as well as the rears. In terms of Atmos, I thought we could not tweak anything while playing in this format. I believe I’ve tried and the controller doesn’t allow it. I  suppose Atmos uses it own coding?

0 Likes
Janitorus
Pathfinder
Options

The thing youre confused with is the "Sound Mode" botton on your remote. When Atmos content is played (and the soundbar display says so), you can not change sound modes (standard, surround, adaptive, game etc.) 

Your individual volume levels can be changed any time you want, regardless of content. Just think of that feature as the physical volume button on your amp.

0 Likes
Budgeko
Journeyman
Options

Ok thanks. That makes perfect sense given that volume per speaker should be dependent on room size. I think I had my center to loud at 4. When my volume was just at level 12 or so it was almost too loud. As many have said prior, my biggest dislike was the lack of sound from the rears but with this recent FW update it is noticeably better. I will dedicate this weekend to tweaking! :smiling-face: 

0 Likes