Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTag+ always shows offline !

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 02:25 PM)
jkalltheway
Pioneer
Options
Just bought 2 SmartTag+ tags. They both have been "successfully" registered to my Samsung ID. However, they both show "offline". All permissions granted.  Tried resetting both the tags & re-registering them, pressed the button once, multiple times, long press, etc. Still no luck.

How do I get these to work ?! If BOTH my tags are faulty, then I must be incredibly unlucky !

Needless to say, all this does not inspire any confidence at all.

PS - Meanwhile, my wife bought 2 Apple AirTags and they both took 30 seconds each to unbox & set up. Come on Samsung ! 🤦🏻

(Screenshot attached.)

Screenshot

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @jkalltheway 

Did you manage to get these connected?

0 Likes
jkalltheway
Pioneer
Options

Hi - Thanks for asking.

No.......And I bought 2 more (so 4 in all) and NONE of them showed 'online' after connecting to my Samsung ID.  Quite shameful IMO.

I spoke to Samsung tech team who had no idea and initially proposed a factory reset of my phone !!  That was like being asked to wipe your PC & reset it because your mouse didn't work !  They sort of realised how stupid that sounded and then said that they have escalated my ticket (apparently).  Well, it has been almost 3 weeks now and I haven't heard anything.

I am not holding my breath though.  I returned all the 4 tags+ last week.  (I also am looking forward to receiving my Pixel 6 Pro next week and eventually getting rid of my lacklustre S21 Ultra.)

Good luck to you.

PS - I posted this issue in the Samsung US Community site as well but haven't heard anything from anyone.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @jkalltheway. There's obviously something very strange for this to be happening on 4 different devices, purchased at different times. Please accept our apologies for the experience you've received.

0 Likes
andrepec
Apprentice
Options

I am running in the same issue (mistake?) for the second time.

I had a Galaxy Note 20 and I bought 4 tags+ last year. All the 4 could be registered into may Samsung Account when configuring it, but after the configure process, they only show as offline. I send all back to Samsung.

This year, I changed my phone to a Galaxy S22 Ultra and decided to give it another try. I bought 2 tags+ and I am having the same exactly problem. Can't figure out what is happening. I did all sort of things described in the support page to try to solve it... no success.  My wife has an Iphone and she bought 4 itags and they work perfectly since day 0!!!

Why can't I make it work? Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check permissions especially for locations.

Also I believe due to some privacy issues they have toned down the location features.

I could be wrong but apparently they only work if another samsung phone is around if its far away from you.

Make sure your smarthings app and smartphones find is updated.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
Probably they run out of battery, same happened with me. The one that comes from the factory is really poor
0 Likes
jcmm33
First Poster
Options
Hi,did you ever resolve this?I'm getting exactly the same.
0 Likes
andrepec
Apprentice
Options

Never. Even after hours and hours with costumer service, it never worked.

0 Likes
andrepec
Apprentice
Options

I bought new ones and exchanged all batteries. Didn't work.

0 Likes