Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTag+ always shows offline !

(Topic created on: 22-10-2021 05:23 PM)
jkalltheway
Pioneer
Options
Just bought 2 SmartTag+ tags. They both have been "successfully" registered to my Samsung ID. However, they both show "offline". All permissions granted.  Tried resetting both the tags & re-registering them, pressed the button once, multiple times, long press, etc. Still no luck.

How do I get these to work ?! If BOTH my tags are faulty, then I must be incredibly unlucky !

Needless to say, all this does not inspire any confidence at all.

PS - Meanwhile, my wife bought 2 Apple AirTags and they both took 30 seconds each to unbox & set up. Come on Samsung ! 🤦🏻

(Screenshot attached.)

Screenshot

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @jkalltheway 

Did you manage to get these connected?

0 Likes
jkalltheway
Pioneer
Options

Hi - Thanks for asking.

No.......And I bought 2 more (so 4 in all) and NONE of them showed 'online' after connecting to my Samsung ID.  Quite shameful IMO.

I spoke to Samsung tech team who had no idea and initially proposed a factory reset of my phone !!  That was like being asked to wipe your PC & reset it because your mouse didn't work !  They sort of realised how stupid that sounded and then said that they have escalated my ticket (apparently).  Well, it has been almost 3 weeks now and I haven't heard anything.

I am not holding my breath though.  I returned all the 4 tags+ last week.  (I also am looking forward to receiving my Pixel 6 Pro next week and eventually getting rid of my lacklustre S21 Ultra.)

Good luck to you.

PS - I posted this issue in the Samsung US Community site as well but haven't heard anything from anyone.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @jkalltheway. There's obviously something very strange for this to be happening on 4 different devices, purchased at different times. Please accept our apologies for the experience you've received.

0 Likes
andrepec
Apprentice
Options

I am running in the same issue (mistake?) for the second time.

I had a Galaxy Note 20 and I bought 4 tags+ last year. All the 4 could be registered into may Samsung Account when configuring it, but after the configure process, they only show as offline. I send all back to Samsung.

This year, I changed my phone to a Galaxy S22 Ultra and decided to give it another try. I bought 2 tags+ and I am having the same exactly problem. Can't figure out what is happening. I did all sort of things described in the support page to try to solve it... no success.  My wife has an Iphone and she bought 4 itags and they work perfectly since day 0!!!

Why can't I make it work? Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check permissions especially for locations.

Also I believe due to some privacy issues they have toned down the location features.

I could be wrong but apparently they only work if another samsung phone is around if its far away from you.

Make sure your smarthings app and smartphones find is updated.
0 Likes
nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
Probably they run out of battery, same happened with me. The one that comes from the factory is really poor
0 Likes
jcmm33
First Poster
Options
Hi,did you ever resolve this?I'm getting exactly the same.
0 Likes
andrepec
Apprentice
Options

Never. Even after hours and hours with costumer service, it never worked.

0 Likes
andrepec
Apprentice
Options

I bought new ones and exchanged all batteries. Didn't work.

0 Likes