Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear fit 2 not counting steps

(Topic created on: 25-05-2017 08:02 AM)
Paints
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I've just bought a great fit 2 and really like all of the features but the step counter keeps stopping.

When I'm walking the counter doesn't move even if I'm walking normally with my arms moving.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do or should I contact support?

Thanks

Graham

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
frolic838
First Poster
Options

I found another thread which helped me: 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/wearabletech/page/4/thread-i...

For what it's worth, it turned out that my Samsung Gear app had reset and was no longer actually connected.  Once it re-set up the Gear Fit, I went to apps & force closed the "Walk" app and it is now counting steps.  Here's hoping it actually tracks sleep tonight too!  Hope that helps you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
On my gear s2 classic I see their is a setting for the amount of steps to achieve which the owner can change. I appreciate it's a different device but it's worth checking in your settings.

Also try soft resetting it by turning it Off and On and if necessary hard reset it.

If no joy take it back to the outlet and ask for a swap or repair/ diagnostic if your past any cooling off period.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Hey @Paints! I'd recommend trying some basic troubleshooting. Have you paired your device successfully? Have you set up Samsung Health on your device? Also, is "Workout detection" enabled on your watch?

1. From the Samsung Health app, select Start.
2. Swipe to the left and select Settings.
3. Select Workout detection.
4. Select the circle next to each type of exercise, turning it green to enable or grey to disable.

Has this solved your issue?:smileyhappy:

andshm
First Poster
Options

I'm also have step count and cycling recording problems. It is not moving at all. 

Smithy8
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue since upgrading to the lastest firmware. I have found restarting the devices resolves the issue for a while but it does come back. I am chasing support for some answers.

0 Likes
Mike00700
First Poster
Options

This is normal. I've had my gear fit 2 for over a year now. I walk on a regular basis and it only tracks my walks about 80% of the time. Very disappointing for such an expensive device. Put me off Samsung devices that's for sure. Test samsung... Test and quit ripping your customers off.

jimilynn
First Poster
Options

I have been running into the same issues. Curious if you have heard anything back from support. I have been restarting mine at least once a week. 

0 Likes
Paints
Apprentice
Options

To be honest I've given up using my band as a health tracker and now only use it for notifications.

I can't rely on the step counting as it pauses too often, the floors climbed as it's inconsistent and I've found out that when you paid your band with a new phone you lose all of your data so you can't track trends over time.

Very disappointed with the watch, so much promise but not much works.

Shumin
First Poster
Options

IS There any solution? My step counter stopped too with no reason. My counter has been 0 for two days. How can I solve this problem? It counted first two days from bought but for two days my step counter still 0

Solution
frolic838
First Poster
Options

I found another thread which helped me: 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/wearabletech/page/4/thread-i...

For what it's worth, it turned out that my Samsung Gear app had reset and was no longer actually connected.  Once it re-set up the Gear Fit, I went to apps & force closed the "Walk" app and it is now counting steps.  Here's hoping it actually tracks sleep tonight too!  Hope that helps you.

0 Likes