Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connection issues J3 (2016) and Tab A

(Topic created on: 02-08-2019 03:58 PM)
LilacDaffodil
Apprentice
Options

I have a new J3 (2016) and Tab A - they have paired without a problem but won't connect. When I try scanning for the other device I get an error telling me to make sure the other has bluetooth is switched on and in range. I have tried powercycling them both and cleared the cache on both and switched off wi-fi. I have tried scanning from each device individually and both together. 

Any ideas anyone please????

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AntS
Options

Hi @LilacDaffodil. :smileyhappy:

Presume that they're within range of each other (i.e. 6 metres). Are you able to connect each of them fine to other Bluetooth devices? 

0 Likes
LilacDaffodil
Apprentice
Options
Hi @AntS - They are an inch apart - the phone connects to my car no problem, and I can send files from my Mac to the tablet via bluetooth.
0 Likes
LilacDaffodil
Apprentice
Options
but, I can't add the Mac as a trusted device either to the phone or the tablet. They have both paired with the Mac and I can send files successfully from the Mac to both, but they are not connected outside the file transfer?
The BT Manager on the Mac shows them as visible/paired but Not Connected?
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks @LilacDaffodil! Can you confirm the current software versions on both your J3 and Tab A? 

And are you able to get them to connect whilst they're in Safe Mode

0 Likes
grahamkeen1
First Poster
Options

Was this ever resolved ? I have a J3 2017 that does exactly the same with my Win10 laptop. 

Paired but can't add as  trusted device even with phone sitting on the laptop.

Thanks,

Graham.

0 Likes