Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USING A MICRO SD CARD ON TABLETA 10.1

(Topic created on: 11-03-2017 07:35 PM)
LJS
First Poster
Options

I have a Sandisk Flash Memory Card. With an adapter it copies a file from my laptop. I insert into the |Tablet. Press Settings, Storage, Portable Storage, SD Card, and get 1.12 MB of 29.96 GB used, UNMOUNT, FORMAT. What should I do next? What does “UNMOUNT”/”MOUNT” refer to – Copying? . The laptop shows that the file is on the disk. If I FORMAT I delete the file. Please advise on how I manage the transfer from the inserted disk on to my main disk on the Tablet.

LJS

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AntS
Options

Hi @LJS. :smileyhappy:

For SD Cards in Samsung devices 'Mount/Unmount' means connecting/disconnecting the Card to the device; 'Format' is formatting the Card to the specific file system the device uses - and yes, formatting would erase all data already on the Card.

There's a guide on transferring files to an SD Card from Samsung Android smartphones and tablets here, and transferring from an SD Card will work similarly: if you go into Apps > My Files, select 'SD Card', you'll be able to check what the device can see on the Card and follow the steps in that guide to move stuff to 'Device Storage'.

0 Likes