Support

Open search

USING A MICRO SD CARD ON TABLETA 10.1

Highlighted
First Poster

I have a Sandisk Flash Memory Card. With an adapter it copies a file from my laptop. I insert into the |Tablet. Press Settings, Storage, Portable Storage, SD Card, and get 1.12 MB of 29.96 GB used, UNMOUNT, FORMAT. What should I do next? What does “UNMOUNT”/”MOUNT” refer to – Copying? . The laptop shows that the file is on the disk. If I FORMAT I delete the file. Please advise on how I manage the transfer from the inserted disk on to my main disk on the Tablet.

LJS

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Hi @LJS. :smileyhappy:

For SD Cards in Samsung devices 'Mount/Unmount' means connecting/disconnecting the Card to the device; 'Format' is formatting the Card to the specific file system the device uses - and yes, formatting would erase all data already on the Card.

There's a guide on transferring files to an SD Card from Samsung Android smartphones and tablets here, and transferring from an SD Card will work similarly: if you go into Apps > My Files, select 'SD Card', you'll be able to check what the device can see on the Card and follow the steps in that guide to move stuff to 'Device Storage'.

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors