Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube issue on Q6FN

(Topic created on: 20-05-2019 09:03 AM)
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

Hi I have a 55" Q6FN and I have a little issue with the you tube app.

When the TV has been off overnight and I open YouTube app it sometimes just crashes..basically I can scroll though the menus but they are all blank. The only way I can get it to work is to sign out of the app and re link my account via my phone and its then fine.

All other apps seem fine. 

Anyone else had this? 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

ok managed to catch the error on Video

https://youtu.be/mvYBaCcSYfA

I have tried re-setting the hub, unplugging the TV, wired, and over Wi-fi, re-installing the app..nothing works

If i sign out of the app or unplug the TV it works for a while but then happens again

Any Ideas?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @chrisnewton 

That's not coming up as a UK model. Where did you buy the TV? Are you based in the UK?

0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

What do you mean it's not coming up as a UK model? I bought it from richer sounds and yes I am in the UK. 

Model number is QE55Q6FNATXXU

0 Likes
TracyR
Options

If all other apps are working fine, it would suggest an issue with YouTube itself, I'd recommend reaching out to the app developer directly to make sure there are no issues on their end.

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@TracyR wrote:

If all other apps are working fine, it would suggest an issue with YouTube itself, I'd recommend reaching out to the app developer directly to make sure there are no issues on their end.

:smiling-face:

First they say it is not a uk model which it is and now they blame the YouTube app. Rubbish,  if that was the case every owner would have the same issues. It sounds to me like a faulty tv. Report to you retailers as a faulty tv, because it should work as advertised, if it does not it is faulty. 

Paul

0 Likes
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options
Hi chris

Yes, thats same as my q9fn started doing after latest update, couple of seconds would be acceptable for videos to load up

Yesterday i filmed mine just like you have there for 5mins and nothing... got fed up and turned video off after 5 mins, but then did another 2min one where i kept closing the app down then going to home menu and opening youtube again to show that that didnt work..

I unplugged the tv eventually, still does it pretty much every time you open youtube app up, always get theose greyed out boxes for varying amounts of time before videos fully load to be able to select and play them
0 Likes
m4dm4n
First Poster
Options

Same thing with Q7FN, in the last 2 weeks. Youtube works ok for some time, and after if get stuck, I remove and add account. It works for some time again until it gets stuck again.

0 Likes
pali2704
Apprentice
Options

The same thing happend to my Q6FN after the last firmware update. It used to be fine. Now I have to reinstall youtube everytime I try to use it.

0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

any chance someone from Samsung can help us out here?

0 Likes