Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture judder

(Topic created on: 10-07-2018 11:52 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , been reading through some posts and something that seems to be very common with Samsung TVs is picture judder , I have a ue49mu6500 TV and had the judder set to custom / 10 but it seemed better set to auto !! So my question is , do Samsung actually look at issues like judder and send out a firmware/software update to sort it ??? Also how do I know if my TV has the latest update ??? Thanks , Dave 

0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

Hi

I havnt noticed any  blur on the few sky channels i watch..

Like you said its down to 'source' and sky have turned their HD bitrate down by almost 40% around 18mths ago, so some stuff on sky hd dont look too good anymore because of that.

My netflix / youtube that i watch more than anything had no blur that ive seen yet with all 'auto motion' disabled

Try 'custom' and have ur judder / blur set to low numbers, like 5 blur / 4 judder or 4 blur / 3 judder etc

The higher the numbers you have the blur and judder reduction set at,  it defo made 'sky q' judder / stutter really bad for me.

0 Likes
Nathan9
First Poster
Options

For things like Amazon Prime/Vudu the 6/3  blur/judder work great for me  it's just many DirecTV channels , I cannot find any automotion settings that work .  I cant find solution either because both directv and samsung blame the other. I think there is some truth the problem is on both ends. I dont know much about compression of signals, but it just has to be the signal from DirecTV that the TV cant handle on some directv channels 

0 Likes
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

Never used direcTV
Could be the framerate they use, or as you said there 'bitrate'

All these tv companys save money the more they compress their content, (saves them Bandwith) sky do it all the time.

I rang sky last year to cancel cause i was fuming and when i told the guy id worked out they had cut their 'bitrate" by almost 40% on sky sports HD by seeing how many gigabytes my sky+ recordings were taking on the HDD then compared to other recordings of the same Duartion i had on there from 6mths earlier

He just went silent, didnt know what to say to me... i got my bill halved there and then.

Even Netflix have lowered their bitrate in the last 12mths, i could tell just by my eyes when their 4k stuff started to look worse than it did when i first got it nearly 3 yrs ago

On netflix you can press 'info' button on ur remote and it displays the video bitrate in top left corner of the screen. You only get 15.26mbps bitrate for all their 4k/HDR content

Uncompressed 4K / HDR content runs at around 65mbps and uncompressed 1080p HD video bitrate is around 16mbps

That shows how much netflix are over compressing..

0 Likes
Stanley27
First Poster
Options

me too, 

I got 7470RU tv recenlty, overall the product is good. while coming to judder factor, in a close fast paced scenes the judder kicks in. I extensively researched before buying this model post looking into the specs. but the 100hz factor is not giving any smoother motion, hope its not a hardware issue.  

0 Likes
Freeley34
Apprentice
Options
I bought a Q80R about 3 weeks ago and thus whole motion blur/judder thing is doing my head in.
No matter what settings I have it on it's still there and has totally ruined viewing for me.
All Samsung have said so far is to reset the tv which made no difference at all.
I've got auto motion turned off altogether now which seems slightly better which makes a complete mockery of the feature being there in the first place.
I read reviews online before buying it and saw no mention of this problem, if I had I'd never have bought it in the first place.
I'd take it back to Currys if I could be bothered to pack up the bloody thing
0 Likes
Nathan9
First Poster
Options

I am in same boat with Q9FN I bought last year.  Disastrous handling  of motion and I have to have it turned off which really creates horrod blurring  There is a separate problem I have had since the beginning, especially watching live sport, where it appears frame rate drops significantly for a few seconds and then is all right again.  I can't believe Samsung has not addressed these tremendous flaws and I also will NEVER buy a Samsumg.tv again

0 Likes
Freeley34
Apprentice
Options

I'm done with it, I'm packing it up and taking it back to Currys tomorrow. I'll change it for another manufacturer who can make a tv with a picture you can actually watch.

Any body got any suggestions?!

0 Likes
Freeley34
Apprentice
Options
Well that didn't go as I hoped.
Took it back to Currys earlier and they didn't want to know! They don't do refunds or change it for another tv unless they can replicate the problem, they tested it and it was working fine so they told me to clear off basically.
So whatever the issue is my end I'm stuck with it.
I only bought it from Currys because I thought if there was an issue it would be easily solved, but that's not the case so it's the last time I buy anything from there!
0 Likes
Nexisone86
First Poster
Options

Have 82 inch Q60r judder was terrible .

what I did to get rid of it .

Turn off intelligent mode

Turn off Auto Motion plus

Turn off Digital Clean View

Turn off Contrast enhancer 

Put all settings on standard

in expert settings 

Put all in middle backlight, sharpness etc..

I have no glitching, judder, diming

etc . now !!!

0 Likes
Freeley34
Apprentice
Options

That's good to know.

I dont have to worry now as I contacted Samsung and got an uplift number so took tv back to Currys and they had no option but to refund me.

Will try a different brand this time, the Sony AG8 is supposed to have better motion so will have a look at my local independent after Christmas. 

Disappointed that motion blur and juddering is such an issue on new tv's, it seems like a massive backward step to me.

Currys customer service is disgraceful!

0 Likes