Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Settings menu times out, cannot fix “invalid MAC address” issue.

(Topic created on: 17-11-2019 03:42 AM)
MrSmith91
First Poster
Options

Hi All, 

I have a 32 inch smart tv (Model # UN32M4500BFXZA) and I cannot connect it to the internet. I go to the network setting (Settings -> Network-> Open Network Settings) it provides me the options of wired or wireless. When I select wireless, it looks like it's loading but then times out and will not allow me to get to the next screen to enter any information manually. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have read a few posts on here and have reset my internet, my TV, and unplugged my tv, but cannot get to the next screen to try the other fixes. 

Thanks in advance for all the help! 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@MrSmith91: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. If you have a smartphone, please try creating a Wi-Fi hotspot (on Android 9 this can be achieved by going to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced > Hotspot 2.0), and then attempt to connect to it via Settings > Network > Open Network Settings.

If the issue persists, please go to Settings > Support > Software Update, and check your current software version. If it is below version 1270.7 then please follow the link below and download the current version to a USB stick, which you can then use to update the TV manually: Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
0 Likes
MacAddressAssha
Student
Options
I got the same ***** issue. POS Samsung
0 Likes
al622
First Poster
Options

Same exact problem with mine. Factory reset didn’t do anything but make me lose all of my data. Did you ever find a solution to this?

0 Likes