Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

First Poster

has anyone had any success with Currys for a full refund?  I purchased a 55 ks7000 in November 2016. thanks

Apprentice

Got to give credit where it's due... I mentioned to Richer Sounds about Samsung's poor behaviour regarding all of this..  They've gone out of their way to try to talk to Samsung about it..   I wasn't really pushing for anything, and I pretty much mentioned that this is just "how it is" with Samsung and that it really wasn't Richer Sound's problem at all...  but even with that, they've come back and offered to replace the KS8000 with the MU8000..

Never mind that the MU8000 isn't a patch on the KS8000 but.. as others have said.. Richer Sounds sure know how to get a repeat customer.

Maybe I could pay the difference and upgrade to an LG OLED of some description.. I'm reasonably scared of the prospect.. as bad as Samsung are with all these issues, I seem to have done okay in the panel lottery.. the prospect of ending up with a dud is a slight worry.

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@TimRexwrote:

Got to give credit where it's due... I mentioned to Richer Sounds about Samsung's poor behaviour regarding all of this..  They've gone out of their way to try to talk to Samsung about it..   I wasn't really pushing for anything, and I pretty much mentioned that this is just "how it is" with Samsung and that it really wasn't Richer Sound's problem at all...  but even with that, they've come back and offered to replace the KS8000 with the MU8000..

Never mind that the MU8000 isn't a patch on the KS8000 but.. as others have said.. Richer Sounds sure know how to get a repeat customer.

Maybe I could pay the difference and upgrade to an LG OLED of some description.. I'm reasonably scared of the prospect.. as bad as Samsung are with all these issues, I seem to have done okay in the panel lottery.. the prospect of ending up with a dud is a slight worry.

They should be better than that and offer you like for like. The model they should offer is the Q8F. I would suggest ask for a refund or voucher and then buy a new telly from them. They also seem to throw in freebies if you ask. Do not accept the inferior model.

Paul

Explorer

I should also note I got a call yesterday from the RS Leeds branch manager to make sure everything was OK with the set; and that i was entirly satisfied - and also to see if there was anything I needed help with. cant fault their efforts to keep their reputation in tact despite  Samsungs failings.

Explorer

I'm currently looking into if it's worth me attempting to get a refund/exchange with my 65" ks8000 that I bought from rgbdirect last year. Problem is I am unable to find the model on their website and would.like to know if they did actually advertise the smart dongle features.

I bought the TV with a debit card, not a credit card so I'm not sure what route to take. I'm really annoyed to be honest and would like some advice.

Thanks

Apprentice

I think some debit cards have the same protection? Visa debit perhaps? 

Explorer

@Neil81wrote:

I'm currently looking into if it's worth me attempting to get a refund/exchange with my 65" ks8000 that I bought from rgbdirect last year. Problem is I am unable to find the model on their website and would.like to know if they did actually advertise the smart dongle features.

I am in the same situation.  I've been going back and forth with RGB Direct and everytime they try to point me towards Samsung, although I state in every email that my contract is with them, not Samsung.

Although they don't mention SmartThings on the product page for the KS8000 they do mention it on the pages for the KS7000 and KS9500:

http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/Products/Television/LED-TV/SAMSUNG/UE65KS8000

http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/Products/Television/LED-TV/SAMSUNG/UE65KS7000

http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/Products/Television/LED-TV/SAMSUNG/UE65KS9500

I wonder if it is enough to point toward the press release from samsung that sais "Among the 2016 Smart TVs, all Samsung’s 2016 SUHD TVs will apply IoT hub technology, allowing the TV itself to act as the controller for the entire smart home" and then point out that RGB Direct advertised the SmartThings function on part of the Samsung 2016 SUHD products it is fair to assume that it also goes for the KS8000 and KS9000, especially because they advertise it as being a feature on the cheaper KS7000 model.

It would be great to get some advice and opinion from some of you that have been going through this process with other retailers.

Navigator

@rosscoukwrote:
I haven't started a section 75 yet, and I also refused the JL offer yesterday. I will report back when I hear more.

Just wondering if you have heard anything back from John Lewis? Thanks

Navigator

Morning,

No @CJH26, nothing. So I intend to start the section 75 now. Do I need to know anything beforehand?

Black Belt 

@rosscoukwrote:

Morning,

No @CJH26, nothing. So I intend to start the section 75 now. Do I need to know anything beforehand?

No just ring them,  explain the issue and they will walk you through the process. Lot easier than going down the court route. 

Paul

Top Liked Authors