KS Owners refund

Explorer
It's tomorrow right? Good luck!
Black Belt 

@dipesh44 wrote:
It's tomorrow right? Good luck!

Yep good luck. 

Navigator

Good luck for today, even thou I don't think you need it..... 

Voyager

Thanks all.

I like your confidence. It certainly appears that it's a forgone conclusion however, the legal experts at Currys must think it's worth making the trip over here to Telford (assuming they do actually turn up!).

I do wonder if they are understanding the law differently to us and if they are able to do that, I assume it's possible that the judge might do the same. 

We'll see.... 

Voyager

Well, here it is:

My case against Currys was heard today and the judge ruled that Currys were guilty of innocent misrepresentation, and in accordance to the 1967 Act I have been awarded damages of £1199 + costs and expenses. (Expenses are limited to £95, see here - https://www.moneyclaimsuk.co.uk/litigant-in-person-costs-and-expenses.aspx )

The judge said that Innocent misrepresentation doesn't mean the contracts should automatically be rescinded the way that they would for fraudulent or negligent and he deemed that as the TV had been used for 2 years it wasn't possible to do so. Therefore he deemed that the contract should continue and I should keep the TV and Currys should pay me damages to the tune of £1199.   This is a marked improvement over the £330 Currys had offered me last week.  

To be honest I'm reasonably satisfied with the outcome, although I may have preferred to have had the contracts rescinded I think if I was to sell the TV now I would have the vast majority of the money back, if not all of it.  FYI my TV was £2199 when I bought it.

Currys Reference - HRR/542332

Mony Claim Reference - 024MC040

Highlighted
Explorer
Well done. Hopefully Currys come to their senses now.
Voyager

The representative was very open about the fact that Currys really didn't know how the case was going to go, and that mine was the first to come to court. 

She suggested that this outcome would play a major role in how they approached other cases in the system.

Black Belt 

@Tyler_Durden wrote:

The representative was very open about the fact that Currys really didn't know how the case was going to go, and that mine was the first to come to court. 

She suggested that this outcome would play a major role in how they approached other cases in the system.

Hi,  a result of sorts,  but a bit surprised that they did not give full refund. Saying that have the amount and keep the telly is a reasonable result. 

Well done as this now answers the question for everyone else going down this route. 

Thousand pounds plus better off,  not bad. 

Paul

Navigator

Told you that you didn't need luck lol...

Well let's hope my section 75 claim is going to shed some light as I've been waiting now for around 10 weeks 

Voyager

I'll also be asking for the Smart Hub V2, either through Currys or directly to Samsung.

Top Liked Authors