Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dailymotion app on Smart TV stopped working

(Topic created on: 12-05-2018 05:54 PM)
Rick17
Explorer
Options

Hello.
The Dailymotion app on my Samsung Smart TV is not working. I tried today and it freezes while starting up (the video with the spinning wheel). I don't how long has it been like this, because it had been a while since I last time I used the app (some months ago). I've tried reinstalling it but it happens all the same.

Is there anybody in the community who knows how to fix this?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
dracomilan
First Poster
Options

Same here. It stopped working at least 1month ago. I guess they are not interested in fixing it. Samsung should remove kt from the app store altoghter.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @dracomilan and @Rick17.

Have either of you tried a Smart Hub reset on your TV's? Also. could you provide the model code and software version for each TV?

0 Likes
Rick17
Explorer
Options

No, I didn't try the reset, because I don't know exactly what it does, and I'm afraid I would loose all my settings, configurations, apps, etc.

TV Model: Samsung UE32M5505A
Software version: 1210
Dailymotion App Version: 4.0.1
 Using Wi-fi

Where can I see the model code?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Rick17

Resetting Smart Hub does remove any personal settings and downloaded apps however it can also serve to address any existing software or compatibility issues. I understand that it's not ideal however I'd recommend proceeding with the Smart Hub reset at this point as a troubleshooting step and letting us know if the issue persists.
0 Likes
khurshid1
First Poster
Options

Hi, I’m having the same problem. I’ve never used the dailymotion app before but whenever I try it freezes. I have done both a SmartHub reset and later a full reset but it still does not work.

Model Code: UN49M5300

Software Version: T-KTSAKUC-1211.0

AnnieD
Student
Options

Same problem for me too. I 've just bought a new Samsung ue40mu6102 TV and Dailymotion App does not work at all. The screen becomes black and nothing else happens.

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all.

Are all your other apps working OK? Does the problem just seem to be with the Dailymotion app?

Rick17
Explorer
Options

The other apps are working fine, as far as I can tell.

0 Likes
Mcd
Journeyman
Options
My doing the same
0 Likes