Support

Open search

Galaxy Watch/Gear Activity Tracking Issues - How do you submit an Error Report?

Highlighted
AntS Moderator

Hi all. 

For anyone experiencing issues with Steps Tracking, Heart Rate monitoring or any other unusual behaviour in your watch's activity tracking, you can send diagnostic info directly to our software team for them to more closely investigate what's going on for you. (The data is anonymised, and only held for the duration of the investigation of the report.)

• On the watch, make sure that Settings > About Gear > Report Diagnostics >  Toggle On

• As soon as you experience the issue (or within 15 minutes of it happening), on your phone, launch Galaxy Wearable App’ > More (3 dots) > Contact us > Error Reports > Input Symptoms > SEND

M_error_reporting01.jpg           M_error_reporting02.jpg            M_error_reporting03.jpg

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

6 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser

It is so important in relevant cases - thank you!

See you soon!

------------------------------------
EU Italian Super User+
Benvenuto Galaxy Note9!!
Navigator

What if it is an issue that occurs all the time (like Spotify battery drain even when not in use)?? 

First Poster

The heart rate monitor issue has been well reported going back to January of this year.  Why has Samsung done nothing to solve this software issue?  The issue affects multiple wearables and is global and has been very well documented on this and other forums.  I am extremely disappointed to have spent the money I did to purchase a device that is so poorly supported.

Voyager

Hi Ants,

Couple of questions.

Are you sure these reports we submit go directly to the software team? From past experience it seems the people these reports go to have very basic knowledge and only know basic troubleshooting steps. They also seem to still ask for a log even though you attach one.

Second question.

If I have a problem where the HR stops recording mid workout (let's face it, I will get this problem, I have done for the past 9 months), if I then notice the problem once I finish the workout (2 to 3 hours later sometimes), will the data from the logs still be useful?

AntS Moderator

@JK2017: If it occurs all of the time, then send an error report any time you're able.

@Ricky2: The Members app service team do give out troubleshooting advice, but they also should be sending the error reports with log files they come across in the software team's direction.

That 15 minute window is best for capturing relevant data (particularly for an infrequent intermittent issue), but any info outside of that you can send might have something useful in it for a persistent HR tracking issue too, so I'd say it's worth doing in this case.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Navigator

Thanks. I have sent the report now but here is a link to further information should anyone want it. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Galaxy-Watch-and-Spotify-Battery-U...

Top Liked Authors