Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have a Health & Fitness watch - Are you using it?

(Topic created on: 20-10-2022 07:22 AM)
IndiW
Hotshot
Options

My Galaxy watch 5 pro is absolutely useless for strength training but but but but... It was my decision to buy it.. So I am living with it... 

For smart features.. This watch is fine.. But I am not a Smart man.. I am more into weights and running.. Notifications and battery life are not my things 

8 REPLIES 8
Ade0410
Explorer
Options
So why did you buy it? I'm completely happy with mine. I walk, hike and run and use all the smart features which work great. Tracks everything I do.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Sure friend... Thanks for sharing your thoughts

With weight training
I can't add weight.. With any of the programmes

and none of the Pro weight training 3rd party apps are sharing data with S-Health (they are going to Google fit instead)

Weight training is a unique personal experience, so customers should be able to design their own workouts and send to the watch.. You can't with Galaxy

With running.. You can't set monthly running targets (you can set it for a week I think)

None of the big boys like Nike running or Adidas running are working with the watch.. I have my years of running data with Nike

So why I bought it.. 🤔🤔🤔... A very good question???.... You know sometimes in life... Once in a while.. Feelings take over rather than the logic or evidence based data... This decision was one of those stupid ones... However I am trying to live around the challenge 😊😊
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I bought my Watch 4 Classic purely for notifications on my wrist. So I don't need to keep getting my phone out. It works a treat. I especially love the voice recording feature to. Very handy if you need to remember things at a later date. Also the Calendar and Reminder features for notifications.
I do occasionally check on the health features. Such as heart rate, stress and blood pressure levels. Thankfully it's telling me I'm fairly fit, if a little overweight for my height.
I'd like to see Samsung bring out just a classy smart watch with none of the health features. We don't all need to be fitness fanatics.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
You are cool 😀

Yes smart watch features are very good with Galaxy watch 5 pro

And Blood pressure readings and HR are really accurate even against Medical grade Cuff BP monitors.. So 10/10 to Samsung

They only need to fine tune Samsung health for people like myself or encourage 3rd party developers to work with Galaxy watch 5 pro

I noted Samsung recently developed a new platform (health connect) so 3rd party gym apps can share data in the future.. So Samsung is starting to go the right direction
Sptzz87
Explorer
Options

Get GymRun! That's what I use for weightlifting. It also shares the workout + HR + calories to Samsung Health!

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thanks for your support

Yes I have it, as you said that's the onlyyyy app sharing data directly with Samsung health (thank god)

I used it few times, this is what happened

When I did 30 minutes Deadlift with Galaxy watch 5 pro and checked the calories burnt and same length same workout with Gym run calories burnt was less than 50%

So I wrote to them, looks like I have set my age to 25 (wish I was... at the same time I am fritter than a modern 25 year old 😀😀)

So tomorrow I am going to try again with Gym run

I know very well... I can't have my Cake and eat it at the same time, when I came from Apple watch High quality 3rd party gym app (see attached) when I turn Gym run on in Galaxy watch, in the morning it looks sooo boring
Above picture is Gymaholic Apple watch

Thanks sooooo much for sharing your thoughts and experience again, because not many people are taking about Health and Fitness here Screenshot_20221020_103350_1000001497_1666258430.jpgIMG-5473_1000001498_1666258852.jpg
0 Likes
Sptzz87
Explorer
Options

Even though I don't pay much attention to calories burnt it's still better to undershoot than to overshoot! But I fully agree with you. I've been contemplating moving to Apple's ecosystem because the app ecosystem is WAY more refined and robust. Plus the Watch 8 or Ultra are the absolute best with sensors (see Quantified Scientist reviews on youtube). 

The only reason I haven't moved over yet is because the Galaxy 5 Pro has great battery life and from what I've seen Watch Series 8 basically has to be charged every day :S which is a pretty big L from Apple in 2022.

Maybe next time. Regardless, I actually prefer a very basic UI like GymRun on the Watch (less battery drain, less distractions) I just want to set my reps etc. My only gripe is that you can't switch exercises mid workout (on the watch), say all bench racks are full, so you decide to do dumbbell presses instead, no way to change that mid workout unless you edit it after you finish it (as far as I know).

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thanks buddy

Apple has some amazing, absolutely made in the heaven 3rd party support and Galaxy watch is noooooo where near to it

I think from 3rd party developers point of view view, it must be easy to develop apps for Apple because, one iPhone and one Apple watch, when it comes to android the market is over crowded with hundreds of different manufacturers and watch sizes

In relation to battery.. I am carrying on with my Apple habits 😀😀.. Before I go for my evening shower.. I put my 5 pro to charge (regardless of % tage) so by the time I come out... Its 100% I am not worrying about Battery life expectancy (due to daily charging) . I may use this for 1 year..

Jefit is also good but not connecting with Samsung health

In relation to mid change.. No its not possible with Galaxy , its possible with most Apple apps, Fitbod, Gymaholic etc

Garmin has no third party support at all at all at all....however the native Garmin App is absolutely amazing and real PRO, its a dream App.. I think Samsung should learn from them.. How to do a Job fully

Have a good day 👋
0 Likes