Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch5 battery drained while turned off

(Topic created on: 01-09-2023 10:59 PM)
Ágúst
Student
Options

Yesterday I came home with my Watch5 and it was dead on battery - which was normal because I had used it for more than a full day.

Then I plugged it in and charged it until 100% (it was even plugged in for 2-3 hours)

Then I put it on my wrist and went to sleep but I forgot to turn it on.

This morning I woke up and it had was 20% power left!
When I charge the watch before going to sleep, I'm used to having about 70-80% left the next day, and that's with the watch turned on!
And it was even on power-saving mode since the day before.

It seems like something is wrong when the watch is in "watch only" mode since it drains the battery significantly more while it actually should be using a fraction of the power.

Hope you can fix this!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Neo001
Legend
Options

You could be right. Tried this on GW4 Classic. I switch from watch only to full mode after an hour and the battery was down 4%. Battery after 1 hour 45 mins is at 92% - the drain continues.

0 Likes
Hudz
Voyager
Options
Get it replaced if you still have warranty I'm getting 24h battery life on my watch 4 classic with always on display on too and active esim. I would say something is definitely wrong with your watch considering it has a much bigger battery than mine.
0 Likes
Ágúst
Student
Options

This happened again last night, can someone try this? Turn it off and charge it to 100%, then turn it on to "watch only", that is without authenticating into the watch, and sleep with it and see if it goes down to 38% like mine did this morning.

Like I said, it never drains so fast when turned on - not in watch only mode. I think I will definitely take it to the vendor and get it fixed or replaced.

0 Likes
Hudz
Voyager
Options
It's happened for me again too 😭
0 Likes
Hudz
Voyager
Options
0 Likes