Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 LTE battery issuie

(Topic created on: 26-01-2024 06:22 PM)
pjtaff
Apprentice
Options
I've just purchased a watch6 LTE for the Mrs, the first one I returned within two weeks because the watch would be dead within 5 hours, the new one is the same, it gets taken off charge between 7-8am and she goes to work in a leisure centre, by 1PM the watch is dead.

I keep getting told that at the start the watch uses more battery due to it learning how you use it, I get that but dead within 5 hours is not great. 
Are we doing something wrong with it???
13 REPLIES 13
macca_England
First Poster
Options
It might be because your LTE is always on and brightness lte will use more battery brightness doesn't really matter that much
0 Likes
pjtaff
Apprentice
Options
She does turn off the always on display, we've tried turning down brightness and even stopped most notifications, and still it's around 4-5 hours battery life
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Change the watch face , that's drained my 5 pro quickly before , make sure Lte is set to auto , turn nfc off til needed ( only need it if using samsung or Google pay ) also check location services , some apps will be on all the time that don't need to be , set them off or only whilst using app
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
pjtaff
Apprentice
Options
To what?
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Lte you mean ? Auto , so it only uses it if phone isn't within Bluetooth range , if she's trying to use it as stand alone without her phone then you'll need the bigger watch 6 or 5 Pro, unfortunately samsung watch batteries suck when using lte
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Change the watch face to any other , see how that affects it .
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
If you look on here for past posts watch Battery issues there will be loads of info , constant issue I'm afraid
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
pjtaff
Apprentice
Options
It is the LTE version, so is it just change the screen to auto?
Samsung say that it needs to learn and it will drain quicker than normal, but 5 hours and it's dead isn't great
0 Likes
pjtaff
Apprentice
Options
You would think it works at least last a working day though, especially as they say it has a 40 hour battery life 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes