Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 Backup "no manual backup"

(Topic created on: 09-08-2023 03:38 PM)
Wrongun
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone noticed you cannot manually backup the Watch 6 anymore.
My last back up was 8th August and it had been backing auto @ 3am daily but has now stopped the backing up. 

Their seems to be no way to force a back up unless I'm missing something

Thanks 
15 REPLIES 15
Ossy01
Journeyman
Options

Same here. For me I even had to install Samsung Switch on phone for it, but after 2 days still no backup made and no way to force it. Maybe it will only do a backup after being idle for 2hrs same as phone to Samsung account?

For me that would explain it, since when my watch is off my wrist it means it is off and charging, so I would never get a backup as seems to be the case currently..

Wrongun
Pioneer
Options
I normally leave my watch downs stairs after charging and phone is in bedroom with me, but for some reason it has stopped backing up now

So looks like my wife's Watch 6 is not backing up at all
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
With my previous Galaxy 5 Pro I was able to schedule or manually complete a watch setting/content back up through the wearable app wear there was a simple item to press and the back up happened.

Not so with the Galaxy 6 Classic... 

Now if I go to the wearable app and then watch setting -> accounts and back up there is no longer any back up override facility. 

Is this correct and is it backing up automatically? Frustrating when format changes with no clarification!

Wrongun
Pioneer
Options
It seems to back up automatically tho I've noticed mine does it between 3 - 4am but if the watch is on the charger is doesn't backup. I tested this over 2 nights alternate and when on charger no backup.
Ossy01
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately for me the watch did not backup until now. Last night, for the first time I tried the sleep tracking so I charged 100% before going to bed, and I charged the watch in the morning after exercise. 

This night no backup was made. I have the same message as @emeles on the Wear setting for backup. It's really strange, just 4 days ago I performed a manual backup with my Watch5 Pro and I was even able to use this backup to transfer my watch settings and watch tiles from the Watch5 Pro backup to my new Watch6 Classic.

smg1
Helping Hand
Options
I'm glad this subject has been brought up. I'm having the same issue on my Watch 6 Classic. I hope this is clarified or dealt with my Samsung soon.
DDMACPP1
Student
Options

Same here. If want to restore where would we find the backup. In smarts witch? 

Members_vqk35N5
First Poster
Options

H

I cannot back up my watch 6 because Smart Switch is missing from the watch apps. I had to reset the watch and the app has gone. I cannot find a way of re-installing on the watch.

Any advice would be welcome

0 Likes
acer54
Journeyman
Options
My Galaxy Watch 6 Classic is not backing up automatically, my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro backed up automatically every other day at 3am the watches and phone (Galaxy S23 Ultra) are all using the new UI5 software as well.
Anybody got any idea's?