Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 allergy

(Topic created on: 05-04-2024 04:32 PM)
JaquelineRS
Student
Options

I have a pretty bad allergy to nickel. Did some research before buying the Galaxy Watch 6 and saw that, even though it's stainless steel, the back is protected by glass so allergy should not be an issue.

I have been getting this rash, very itchy, that is exactly what I get from things that contains nickel. I've only had the watch for a month, it's a bummer.  Never had any issues with Apple Watch, and I realized the back is very different from the Galaxy one.

Any tips on how to avoid this? Or I need to abandon the watch completely?20240405_105853.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @JaquelineRS  That looks  troublesome.  If you are resident in uk/Ireland It would be best to  to send a private Message to the Team Account  @Sam_UK   for advice and one of the Moderators will respond.

Should you need it details on how to send private Message here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AndrewL
Options

@JaquelineRS: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue while wearing the Galaxy Watch6. We take matters such as this very seriously, therefore please follow the directions provided by @JAMES4578, and myself or one of the other mods can get this escalated for you. 

weskerevil
Voyager
Options
I had this issue with the watch pro 5 when I bought it last year got one of these straps and absolutely no marks or rash or anything I've been wearing mine 24/7 since 👍1712346989122.jpg