Options

Hello,

I bought a Galaxy Watch but I can't setup to watch with my phone Nokia 8 :

Model : Nokia 8 TA-1012

Android : 8.1.0

Galaxy Werable : 2.2.12.18080361

Galaxy Watch Plugin : 2.2.05.18091241N

State :

I used the Galaxy Werable app to setup the watch but the watch remains locked on this screen "Check your phone to complete setup" and the phone "Association in progress" and after a while "This operation takes longer than expected, press CANCEL to retry"

The problem is that the Bluetooth connection between the watch and the phone does not remain active.

I followed some advices in Nokia and Samsung forum :

- Reset bluetooth cache (Settings -> app -> Bluetooth -> Storage)

- Uninstall and install the 3 app again

- Reset Galaxy Werable, Plugin cache (Settings -> app -> Galaxy Werable, Plugin -> Storage)

- Restart the phone after the cache cleaning

I have a Samsung S6 (the screen is broken and the battery is discharging too fast). I managed to do the setup with the S6. So now I have a "watch" wihtout the "smart" beacause I can't use the S6. After that I updated the watch and tried again to connect my Nokia 8 but no success.

Someone can help me ?

Go to solution
41 REPLIES 41
Donnyph
First Poster
Options

Above solution was worked, but now when I'm connect Nokia 8 to Galaxy watch it been connected in few seconds only then disconnect even use autoconnect app.

Please help?

0 Likes
Sawen
First Poster
Options

I tried many solutions and came to a conclusion: It doesn't work 100% with Nokia 8. If you look more closely, there are only a few brands that support the Samsung Galaxy Watch 100%. Maybe one day it will even be the Nokia brand.

0 Likes
Ka24
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have Nokia 6 and I just managed to connect to Galaxy watch, I just deleted all the galaxy wearable apps from my Nokia phone, and then I reset my galaxy watch from the setting on the watch 

0 Likes
Ka24
First Poster
Options
Just delete all the galaxy wearable apps from your phone and delete Bluetooth connection with your watch from your phone, and then rest your galaxy watch from the setting on your watch, then switch it off and put it to charge, now download galaxy wearable apps again into your phone follow the setup and then turn your galaxy watch on, then go to Bluetooth on your phone and klick ck on the setting for the watch and turn on all the boxes and it will work if god will. Good luck
0 Likes
Ka24
First Poster
Options

Delete all the galaxy wearable apps from your phone, and then reset your watch to factory setting from the setting in your galaxy watch, then turn it off and put it to charge, download the galaxy wearable apps again into your phone select and accept all what Samsung asking for!!! Then turn your galaxy watch on once the connection is nearly established go to Bluetooth on your phone look where the galaxy watch is connected and then on the setting next to it click and select all the boxes go back and wait then follow the instruction on your phone from galaxy app and hope it work, that's what I did for mine and it worked for now. 

0 Likes
Donnyph
First Poster
Options

Thank you for responses.

I will try it with reset the Galaxy watch first.

0 Likes
texynz
Student
Options

Anyone found a solution to this yet?

I have tried everything that has suggested, but am finding that the phone pairs and then disconnects again. Some have suggested that the pie upgrade might fix this, but I have yet to get that for the phone.

I changed from a fossi to this, and was hoping it was going to be alot easier and less hassle. 😞

0 Likes
RockyRulez
Student
Options

Works for me!

I have had the pie update...

0 Likes
texynz
Student
Options

@RockyRulez wrote:

Works for me!

I have had the pie update...

Did you get an official release or upgraded it yourself? Any issues with battery drain etc that other issues others have been mention ing

0 Likes
RockyRulez
Student
Options
I got an official release (automatic update) last month. Since then, i have less issues with car bt connections also. That why i decided it was worth trying the galaxy watch. Since i only have the watch from this monday, it's to soon to comment on battery drain because im using my phone al lot😅. At firt sight it looks ok. I picked up my watch from the charger at 6:30 am yesterday. Its now 2:00 pm and still 47% on the watch battery. No wifi,no gps. Phone discharges normally to my experience.
0 Likes