Options

Hello,

I bought a Galaxy Watch but I can't setup to watch with my phone Nokia 8 :

Model : Nokia 8 TA-1012

Android : 8.1.0

Galaxy Werable : 2.2.12.18080361

Galaxy Watch Plugin : 2.2.05.18091241N

State :

I used the Galaxy Werable app to setup the watch but the watch remains locked on this screen "Check your phone to complete setup" and the phone "Association in progress" and after a while "This operation takes longer than expected, press CANCEL to retry"

The problem is that the Bluetooth connection between the watch and the phone does not remain active.

I followed some advices in Nokia and Samsung forum :

- Reset bluetooth cache (Settings -> app -> Bluetooth -> Storage)

- Uninstall and install the 3 app again

- Reset Galaxy Werable, Plugin cache (Settings -> app -> Galaxy Werable, Plugin -> Storage)

- Restart the phone after the cache cleaning

I have a Samsung S6 (the screen is broken and the battery is discharging too fast). I managed to do the setup with the S6. So now I have a "watch" wihtout the "smart" beacause I can't use the S6. After that I updated the watch and tried again to connect my Nokia 8 but no success.

Someone can help me ?

41 REPLIES 41
Sawen
First Poster
Options

Well, I just tried a lot of solutions for this problem, but nothing worked. Also your solution hasn't been changing much. Is the Samsung Galaxy Watch literally only for Samsung Phones? I was thinking the older version of this watch was compatible   ⊙ω⊙

0 Likes
febinsunny
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue with my Nokia 7 Plus Pie... It was solved when i clicked pairing manually from bluetooth settings... 

Avaso
First Poster
Options

Is anyone found the solution?

It cannot connect and pair with my Nokia N8 too........

0 Likes
Gas1982
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Any solution yet?

Tried everything i could find. I used to have a gear fit2 (not pro). Worked perfect with nokia 8. But it broke (i wore it too much when in water 🤫). Now i decided to buy a new one, so i got the pro version. Doesn't work! I'm frustrated and angry because i spent a lot of money and can't use it. Any solution? Has anyone updated android to pie? Maybe then it will work. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
febinsunny
Apprentice
Options

I Got A Solution....

Use Gear application for pairing... Once it is stuck on "PAIRING ON THE WAY" screen, manually connect bluetooth to the watch from Bluetooth Menu in settings.... Now it will be paired to phone.... 

Samsung gear doesnot support auto reconnect to nokia Phones... So, the solution is to Download "AUTOCONNECT" app from playstore and configure auto connect... 

If you need more help, whatsapp me on +91-9400800001

Gas1982
Apprentice
Options

Hey. Thanks. But i've already tried that. If i click gear fit on bluetooth device list, nothing happens. Not "connecting" or so. And the syncing won't complete.

I even tried downloading older versions of the needed apps (as i said, my old gear fit2 not pro, worked perfectly with my nokia 8 back on june).

0 Likes
Yorkshireman1
First Poster
Options
Thank you was ready to return the watch but tried this does work 100% Thank you for the info
0 Likes
Thommo
Student
Options

May I ask which "AUTOCONNECT" bluetooth software on the Play Store you used? I tried a number of them and gave me the same result as the Samsung software for the auto-reconnect. I get a notifcation that the Samsung watch has connected with my Nokia 8 (android 8.1) but when you open the Samsung wearables software it wont communicate with the watch. You then go into the Bluetooth Menu and find it hasn't reconnected and you have to tap on the device name in the bluetooth settings for it to reconnect. 

Not sure if this is a hardware or software issue. The Nokia 8 uses Bluetooth v5 while the Samsung watch uses Bluetooth v4.2. They should be compatible. This is the only issue with watch I haven't been able to sole yet.

febinsunny
Apprentice
Options

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.free.rienquepourlesyeux.autoconnectbluetoothdevices

After installation... Open the app... Select your device... Then put survey interval as 1... and start survey...

Thommo
Student
Options

Thanks... That solution works. Well done!!

0 Likes