Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips regarding battery needed :(

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 06:30 PM)
imstef
Pioneer
Options

Hey! I got myself the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic LTE, but I am sad to see that my battery is draining very fast. These are my current settings:

• Sound: On
  • Wi-Fi: Off
  • Cellular Data: On
  • Bluetooth: On
  • NFC: Off
  • BPM: every 10 minutes
  • Stress: Always on
  • Power saving mode: off (I want to try to use this only in emergencies)
  • For night:
    • Bedtime mode: Sleep only 
    • Oxigen during sleep: On
    • Snore detection: On
  • Google Assistant: Deactivated
  • Bixby settings: Voice Weak-up is off

Apps installed: (media attached)

Screenshot_20220804_200133_sysui.pngScreenshot_20220804_200137_sysui.pngScreenshot_20220804_200143_sysui.pngScreenshot_20220804_200148_sysui.pngScreenshot_20220804_200154_sysui.pngScreenshot_20220804_200157_sysui.pngScreenshot_20220804_200122_sysui.pngScreenshot_20220804_200125_sysui.png

PS: If you can recommend me anything, but not to modify my settings would be great, because I had the Emoji AR face for 5 hours and from 70% it went straight to 0%.

Any tip, even if it's little, it will help me. Thank you!

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
If the watch is very new, I think it will take 2 weeks or so to settle down

If you continue with current arrangements, how many times do you have to charge within a 24hrs period
0 Likes
imstef
Pioneer
Options

Hey! So, the watch has at least 5 weeks, and I usually charge it before I go to bed and after I wake up, but this happens when I use a static watch face. For animated ones, the watch doesn't last 16 hours.

0 Likes
Beckyb
Explorer
Options
I charge mine every 2 days. Sometimes it will start draining very quickly and I saw on here to clear the cache.

I looked up a video on youtube how to do it and it was very easy to do and sorts it out again for a few months then I will have to do it again.
I cant understand how yours lasts less then a day! Do you use it for music etc? I know the GPS uses a lot of battery which I dont use that often but mine always lasts 2 days.

Maybe there is something wrong with yours if you need to charge it every 12 - 16 hours!
0 Likes
imstef
Pioneer
Options

Hey! So, I don't use music, I just use it the basic functions of a watch. I have to ask you: what watch face do you use?

0 Likes
Beckyb
Explorer
Options
Hi, I use just a static one. It has HR on it which is on constant, weather, battery, steps and the time. Its quite a plain one.

I dont use music but have the wifi, bluetooth and NFC on all the time. I use it for messages occasionally and notifications etc. Stress is on all the time.

I charge mine at night before bed and then it will last 48 hrs and I will charge it again at bed time. If I use GPS a lot (when out on a long walk or bike ride) I may need to charge it a little before bed so it may last 40 hrs instead of 48 but its usually very good.

When I need to clear the cache I know about it. I will charge it at night and by the next morning it will be at 15%, then I know somethings wrong. Once Ive cleared it it goes back to normal.

You really should try this as it sorted mine out great, I got mine September 2021 and its still going great. If I had to charge it every 16 hrs id have sent it back!
0 Likes
imstef
Pioneer
Options

Hi! So you mean that I should wipe the cache partition on my watch?

0 Likes
Beckyb
Explorer
Options
Yeah, do you want me to post a link to the youtube video I watched and did.

Its the only thing I can think of. I searched here when my battery was going flat in 12 hours and it was the only thing that worked. It usually happens to me after an update. I dont know if it leaves stuff there (I dont know nearly enough about it) after an update. I did report it to them but never heard back.

I clear that each time and it back to normal lasting 2 days. There should be plenty of other threads on it as thats how I found out about it on here.
0 Likes
imstef
Pioneer
Options

Yes, if you could post a link to the video it would be awesome! Thanks in advance :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Replace the battery as a last resort
0 Likes