Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer app on wearable running slow/missing time on long timers

(Topic created on: 16-01-2022 09:44 PM)
ArcusJB
Apprentice
Options

I have a galaxy watch4 classic and when running a long timer on the timer app in the background I found that the time elapsed was less than the time that had passed.

This only seems to happen on long timers, more than one hour.

I set a timer for 2 hours and after an hour I found it was 10mins slow but a 1 hour timer was correct. In both cases the app was running in the background with the watch face showing, the watch wasn't otherwise used during the timer but was checked more often during the 1 hour timer. This occurred both before and after the latest update and power saver is not on.

Rather than actually running slow I think it is more likely that the timer process is either pausing or being interrupted by another process such as notifications.

Can anyone else recreate this error?

5 REPLIES 5
ArcusJB
Apprentice
Options
I did another test overnight while the watch was charging and had no loss of time.
0 Likes
ArcusJB
Apprentice
Options

And another test with airplane mode and do not disturb on, The timer was about 7 minutes slow after an hour on a 3 hour timer so it is unlikely to be notifications causing the timer to pause.

0 Likes
Mou Sal
First Poster
Options

I just noticed the same on my galaxy watch 4 classic.

i started a 4hour timer and i noticed after more than an hour it started pausing somehow. i had no clue what is causing this.

Fratatouille
First Poster
Options

Same. Set timer to 58minutes while entering paid parking. Timer was actually running slow after 20min, like it has been on pause. End of story Ive been charged an extra hour for beeing late...

0 Likes
ArcusJB
Apprentice
Options

Not sure but the problem may have been fixed. I think the preceding 0 has been removed and that made me think there was an update. Current timer version is 1.0.05.12

0 Likes