Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch Trade-In Accessories

(Topic created on: 27-07-2023 10:54 PM)
Tom01639
First Poster
Options

I've just pre-ordered the Galaxy Watch6 with the Trade-In offer. I'll be trading in my Xiaomi Watch Color (falls under the "Other" smartwatch trade-in category).

Is there any recent official information as to whether (UK) smartwatch trade-ins should include the original charger and strap? I couldn't see anything in T&Cs. The best I could find was this Samsung US support article, but nothing confirming the same applies in the UK.

I chose "Yes" for whether the watch was in good working condition, if it makes any difference, though I also couldn't find anything in the criteria for this that specified whether accessories like the charger and strap would need to be included or not.

Thanks.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I don't know for 100%...but with phone trade in's it's just the device with no charger etc so would anticipate it's the same...but someone else may know for certain.

Additionally, when you get the new watch it should include instructions for the trade-in so I'm sure it will stipulate
0 Likes
Hannah99
Journeyman
Options
I know with places like mazumba mobile, chargers aren't required with phones but are required with smart watches, ipads and laptops. Best send an email, or just send it out if you don't need it :smiling-face:
Hannah99
Journeyman
Options
When I traded in my buds2 for the buds2 pro I put my charger in the box and sent it along with the accessories it came with (ear adapters)
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
No charger or strap is required. I traded in my old huawei watch last year for Samsung watch 5. Sent it without the straps and without the charger and was accepted.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I sent my apple watch series 7 in I included the strap as I had no use for it but no charger and it was accepted but I believe you don't have to send the strap either
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have traded in watches previously and didn't send charger or original strap and they accepted it
0 Likes
Tom01639
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the responses. I'll see if I get any confirmation in the trade-in instructions when the new watch arrives, and if so will report back.
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
No you definitely don't have to send the charger
0 Likes
Tom01639
First Poster
Options
Update: I've received my new watch and trade in instructions. The instructions made no mention of whether charger and band is required or not.

I think the opinion of the majority here is correct in that they probably aren't necessary.

I sent mine back just in case as I figured in the end I wouldn't need them anyway.
0 Likes