(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 06:14 PM)
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Hi All

I just scanned the Esim Qr code to my Galaxy Watch 5 pro Lte 

Esim sent by O2 UK 

And I am getting above message. 

Does this mean that I have to call O2 and get them to set it up from their side?

Ta πŸ‘‹πŸ‘
0 Likes
Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
CW123
Apprentice
Options

Still having issues with this. I moved to EE after speaking to two staff members to confirm I can use it without having phone on. It looks like you can only make/receive calls when the phone is off, you cannot send/received text messages for some reason. Still working on it.

Nightmare

EDIT: I meant you can only make/receive calls when phone is ON

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thank you soo much for sharing your experience πŸ‘πŸ‘β€οΈ..

Strangly, I was thinking yesterday evening, I should pop into my local EE and ask transfer my number from O2

Just to clarify....

Your note says " It looks like you can only make/receive calls when the phone is off,

So if you leave your phone behind /home and it is ON, you can't make receive calls??

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
1 What I want is.. If I leave my phone behind and ON... Then to transfer the oncoming call to my Watch...

2 If I leave my phone behind and Off/dead, then transferring incoming calls to my Watch.. That's a bonus or wow wow

3 If I leave my phone behind and ON, and transfer incoming WHATSAPP calls to my Watch... That's really cool

I am more into or love options 1, because when I go jogging, I can leave the phone behind
0 Likes
Solution
CW123
Apprentice
Options

Right hope this helps, I think I've figured it out what you can and can't do. You should be able to do all 3 points you mentioned.

With both o2 and EE if your phone is on then you can use the watch fully without it being connected via bluetooth, which includes sending/receiving whatsapp message, emails. I have tested it up to 200/300m. So yes you could go for a run and leave your phone. You do have to fiddle around with a few settings to get it properly set up though, like remote connection etc.

With EE if the phone is off then watch will only work for calls, no other functions will work such as whatsapp, emails, texts etc. This is the difference between o2 & EE. EE you have this function but with o2 if phone is off the watch is useless. EE watch plan is Β£7, o2 is Β£5. The EE plan is easy to set up can do it all on your watch whereas o2 you have to go in and most times they don't know what they are doing.

Personally for the extra Β£2 I say go with EE. But EE tariffs are generally more expensive than o2, I managed to ring up and get a 30% discount and got 125GB, 12 months for Β£15. Also with EE you get 10gb on the watch and o2 only gets 1gb. Shouldn't be a problem, maybe if you listen to music whilst running that might use more data but I've not had long enough to see what an average monthly usage is

If any of that is unclear let me know, more than happy to explain and this has been a headache to get to the bottom of. Both EE and o2 being useless with their advice, and Samsung not being helpful either.

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
You are truly amazing... Thank youuuuu sooooo much

I am going to read your report one more time to decide between O2 and EE, otherwise all the necessary technical information is there and I got the answer to my original question

You are cool.. I will update you

In relation to music.... This man is.. Yes this πŸ‘¨ man.. The world's most boring..man... Music is hardly in my head πŸ˜‚..

Just kidding... Little bit in the head.. So data is not a major issue even with a small package, even for my phone I only have 5gb and and at the end of the month.. I always left with around 3gb or more

Tc buddy πŸ‘‹
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
OK thanks again, I red it for the second time and this is kind of my plan

I reflected my history, I haven't "forgotten" my phone any time for the last 5 years +,

No time my phone being "dead"

So combined both evidence and as I have a Lte (so I should use the facility "just in case", / or when I go jogging, for that O2 seems sufficient

If I push your experience bit further,

When I travel abroad, I think I will be able to do the same deal with a local supplier I guess

Get a local sim and another e sim for the watch and ask the local teams to forward the calls to the watch

Thanks again πŸ‘‹
0 Likes
MrGloverLover
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I now have this error message and there is not an option of Galaxy Wearable app > Watch settings > Mobile networks on the app. There is Galaxy Wearable app > Watch settings > Mobile Plans, but this doesn't  contain any details regarding activation.  It is set to Auto on the watch. 

I don't know if this is linked but since I have been receiving this error message my watch no longer vibrates/makes a sound when I receive a notification, even though it is set to do that.  I get the notification dot on the watch but that's it?

0 Likes