Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds 2 pro mic not working well in non samsung devices

(Topic created on: 17-11-2023 08:06 AM)
Gladson
First Poster
Options

I have this issue with buds 2 pro while on zoom calls which makes buds unusable for team/zoom calls. With zoom meetings audio feels like coming from far away for the listener. I took buds in hand, and talked with my mouth close to the mic. I saw that mic is picking up voice fine in this case. Yes, samsung's seamless works pretty good but only in samsung devices. Its understandable since samsung seamless is a proprietary codec.  I dont feel these mics are great because it pickup all background noise even when paired with a samsung device and those are very clearly audible to the one at the other end and not the one who talks through buds 2 pro.

I am already using samsung buds app on windows and s23

So does samsung do some proprietary software/codec magic to  enhance the audio while paired with non-samsung devices or video calling software like zoom/teams? If that is the case, then it is very bad because these proprietary  stuff works well in samsung devices and proprietary  blessing turns to compatibility hell when these buds are paired with non-samsung devices.  2 questions here

• Does buds 2 pro use beamforming of mics only when paired with a samsung device?
  • Can a compatible codec improve mic's audio quality in zoom/teams calls? If so which codec is that and is that a free/open source codec?  

Edit/addendum

anything that can suffice missing aptx in these buds? Any low latency mode available?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Windows and Samsung microphone is a total disaster, try downloading the Buds app for marketplace it works sometimes others it does not.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Gladson
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it :smiling-face: Yes, windows and samsung microphone is a total disaster. But I hoped samsung can fix it with their windows marketplace app, but it couldn't. I already have the app installed. It have no effect on voice quality of mic 😞

One more question - Have samsung fixed issues of this kind with a software installation in windows ever before?

0 Likes
Gladson
First Poster
Options

This can be fixed to a great extend with usb bluetooth audio only adapter.  Products like poly voyager 4320 already solved this issue with adapter. And there are products like avantree c81 available in market which works to solve this issue. I dont know how much effective it is. But from users' reviews, it works to a good extend. Maybe noise is there, but not that much noise. All these works perfectly in windows.

Its a shame that samsung cannot solve this issue the same way

0 Likes