Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch issues with exercise stopping

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Trevorlhill
Journeyman
Options
I am having issues with my Samsung watch 5pro.

Everytime I start a workout it stops after a few minutes and says "seems like you've stopped. Finish workout? 

I have turned off auto detect workout and also reset the watch but it is still doing it. The watch is snug on my wrist and I haven't had this issue before. I ly in the last few weeks. 

Any tips or advice welcome. 

52 REPLIES 52
leonhardrocha
Student
Options

Please vote "I have this problem too" above to give some attention to this issue 

Zbotanon
Apprentice
Options

I chatted with support about the issue and they have no answer, but recommended I buy a 6 pro instead. I informed him that the 6 was having the same issue, according to the users on this forum. This is a ridiculous bug and it's only started since a recent update. 

Mojoroboto
Explorer
Options

I cannot figure for the life of me why the knobs at Samsung have no fricken clue. Like, we told you. It's a software issue. Fix the software. So stupid. 

0 Likes
izzy33
Apprentice
Options
I have the 6 amd it did this to me today during my 5k i ended up having to run 4 miles instead of 3.1 to register the 5k work out and stats where all over the place not a cheap watch so not very happy
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Anyone sent error reports and log files on this one? (Guide for how to send error reports for Wearables here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-wearables-how-to-send-error-reports-for-galaxy/... ) If you haven't, and you're able to, then the more people who send error reports & log files on the matter then hopefully the more it'll prompt the software developers to resolve.

Trevorlhill
Journeyman
Options
"hopefully the more it'll prompt the software developers to resolve"

That whole sentence is disheartening.

Mojoroboto
Explorer
Options

I have sent an error report but I will not send one every time it happens. It happens dozens of times per workout. After spending thousands on Samsung products over the years, this situation has shown me it's time to ditch Samsung entirely. They do not care. This should be an easy software fix but instead they are just pretending like they have no idea. I will be getting rid of all my Samsung products moving forward. 

0 Likes
bri_cheese
Student
Options

Same issue, happened to me twice today after working properly for a couple of months.  Will follow this unless I crack it and get a Garmin instead for a proper fitness watch.  (On my Watch6, the fourth or fifth Samsung watch I've owned 😞 )

0 Likes
CSevo81
Apprentice
Options

Again Today in my HIIT session, everyday I do HIIT it happens and a few other exercises, happened the other night playing tennis. Surely they can do a quick update and remove auto tracking when the "thinks" the exercise is over. What a dumb thing to add, it's bad enough the auto sensing an activity has started let alone stopped. Come on Samsung, I'm so tempted to get a different watch, my old Garmin never had this issue

hawks321
First Poster
Options
My watch sometimes turns itself off completely during a workout. Very annoying
0 Likes