Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Trade In Offer - Error on the Argos link - "This claim form is only for watch. For mobile, please use..."

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 09:58 AM)
Tacozilla
Apprentice
Options

https://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/

I am trying to raise a trade-in via the Argos link. I have my galaxy watch 5, when I enter my Serial number I get this error - "This claim form is only for watch. For mobile, please use the correct claim form."

Has anyone else tried this and if you managed to get it work can you let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks 

Go to solution
27 REPLIES 27
Solution
Tacozilla
Apprentice
Options

I can finally place my trade-in order. It seems everyone will have this issue as samsung need to verify it first before your serial is made live on the trade in site. To sum up you need to do the following 

1. Email Samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk with your serial number and proof of purchase / invoice / order 

2. Samsung will then review and in a few days email you advising you that you can now make a claim on https://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/

It would be nice if Samsung updated the site to reflect this as I am sure there are a lot of people who have had the same issue but not looked here for help 

0 Likes
Members_cHDIxyo
First Poster
Options

Funnily enough, this was apparently just for pre orders that you get the free buds live, however i ordered mine last week, and at checkout said i could get a free pair of buds live, so i called Samsung and queried this, the operator mirrored my order on the UK website, and confirmed to me that the offer is still valid and that i would get the free buds, she even gave me a reference number to use in case of an issue. Of course when it came to claiming my free gift it looks like i will be offered a £100 google play store voucher instead ( dont need it  )  so i have emailed with a complaint and screenshot taken of my order screen etc that states a free pair of Buds...this is surely against trading standards and false advertising seeing as its the only reason i ordered my 5 pro, and given that i asked first before buying they should honour the claim?  i am waiting to hear back from the claims department who have said they are passing the issue on to the .relevant department'....i live in hope i suppose..

0 Likes
Billysparks
First Poster
Options
I bought a galaxy watch 5 from Argos and tried to do the £50 trade in offer for my old smart watch  on the form it asks for the new watches IMEI number the Bluetooth version of the watch doesn't have one so it won't let you proceed! is this a sort of con as I have never seen you can only trade in if you've bought the LTE version!! I contacted Samsung support on their support page but surprise  surprise they never got back to me.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Think you just input the serial number instead if I remember right.
Normally let's you know in the small print somewhere
0 Likes
Billysparks
First Poster
Options
I tried just the serial but it still doesn't work
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Billysparks: I've had a look into this, and the claim form does state 'Please enter the IMEI/Serial of the purchased Watch5.'

https://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/promo/watch/argos

The serial number should be visible on the packaging, or on the watch itself in Settings > About watch > Status info. 

0 Likes
Rickolas2001
Pioneer
Options

It should take the serial number, unless you've selected the wrong model number perhaps?

0 Likes
Members_fIRLo6N
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue as you for the last 5 days  i purchased a galaxy watch 5  from argos. The IMEI numbers/serial isnt  being accepted, when I enter it a red box comes up and says this form is for watches, for mobiles please use the correct claim for. Contacted Samsung off of there contact us page and also emailed Samsung trade in. No reply for the last few days, starting to think its a con, it clearly states on the argos page the promotion of the individual offers.

0 Likes