Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health run map

(Topic created on: 24-01-2021 08:59 PM)
Rowey
First Poster
Options

Hi, I've only just started using the Samsung health app but once I have been on a run I can't see anywhere on the app which let's me view the map where I have been. 

Does the app track the route or is this not a feature. All GPS settings were on high accuracy. 

Can someone let me know where I can see the map, thanks, ste

19 REPLIES 19
mb2706
Pioneer
Options
Did you set the workout before you started, I've found if you let the watch pick up activity automatically it only gives a map of your general area. In the phone app under recent workouts, click on the exercise you did and it should show the map at the top.
OvidiuB
Journeyman
Options

Hi Rowey, 

I had the same problem with the cycling tracking. No map was shown in the recent workouts in Samsung Health app on my S20 even though the map was displayed on the galaxy watch.

I fixed this by enabling the Location Information from my phone - Samsung Health - settings

Thanks

Mariana_
Apprentice
Options

I also have the same problem using the "hiking" activity mode. I've set GPS to high accuracy, but can't find any map with recording of the routes in none of the Samsung's apps related to the watch.

0 Likes
dniz
First Poster
Options

Thanks for pointing that setting out in the Samsung Health settings! That sounds like the right ***** to fix this. However the existing exercises still don't show map info (even though after changing the setting there was a long sync with the watch). I wonder if after this, newly tracked and synced exercises show maps 🤔

0 Likes
HappyFeet75x
First Poster
Options

I read the comments below. All my settings are correct, GPS&Wifi enabled. Location enabled. Precise location enabled.

When I run ill now see a map, but it does not show my path. Many months back it showed my entire path, from start to finish. I did not change anything, so I'm guessing something was pushed from Samsung to reset something it remove this feature. Any idea how I can bring it back on.

I've enabled all these things on my phone and Samsung watch. 

0 Likes
Nina_N
Apprentice
Options

Could you please advise, where I have to click to see the map of auto detected walking? I couldn't find it

0 Likes
Nina_N
Apprentice
Options

When walking is automatically detected, I'm not able to see the route neither on watches, nor on phone. I can see only the area of walking. Couldn't handle it 

0 Likes
davidvb
First Poster
Options

On my Samsung S20, I double clicked on the location icon and change the permissions of the Samsung Health app to "allow if app is used". Once you do that and open a random automatically detected training, the app askes to activate the location map tracking. But unfortunatly the next automatically detected training didn't showed a map. Any hints?

Gr, David

0 Likes
Xavious
First Poster
Options

Hi there, the auto track doesn't record my travels on a map either. In fact my map doesn't actually show a detailed map just shows the route lines. Anybody else has this issue? I do have a Huawei P40(ANA-LX4).

blank map backgroundblank map background

0 Likes