Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health on Galaxy Watch Active 2 stopped showing burned calories

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 06:44 PM)
xstefank
Student
Options

Hi, 

After the update of my Galaxy Watch Active 2 to R820XXU1CTI4/R820OXA1CTI4/ and Samsung Health application to version 4.10.10100 the Watch itself and the Samsung Health application in the watch stopped showing total burned calories which it showed previously. This information is still available in the Samsung Health application on the phone which is obviously getting it from the watch so this must be just some oversight. Please add it back also to the watch. Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
DuniaF
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to my watch when I updated it couple of days ago! There was a calorie count widget that I couldn't find anymore! Please Samsung bring back the calorie count widget on the watch!!

Members_INytsOK
First Poster
Options

I agree with you members! I miss the calorie count too!! Please bring it back .... 🙏

xstefank
Student
Options

So not the solution but a workaround. I found out that some custom watch faces (in my case, BjorkDigital8) can still show burned calories. It's not ideal but a temporary workaround is for sure better than nothing. 

mand2020
Journeyman
Options
hi all, i have the same issue (from UK) i rang samsung and they said they are aware of the issue and we have to wait for a new update. its ridiculous this is why i got this watch to track my calorie count both generally and during activity!!! its no use to me at moment.
hederamom
Explorer
Options

Same problem as everyone on Active2 after update.  Found Calories Burned icon on custom watch face, "Fitness Centric".  However, when searching the watch faces on my samsung phone, Fitness Centric shows Step Count in upper center face, but on my Watch Active2 it shows the Calorie widget.  Try it - hope it helps.

mand2020
Journeyman
Options
yep ive got this too now. still frustrating!!
Raya87
First Poster
Options

I really hope samsung bring back this feature my fitbit ionic broke and got this watch for the sole purpose or tracking calories cmon samsung you never let me down till now.

Azeria
First Poster
Options

Same here! Being able to track my total calories on my watch was THE reason I got this watch to start with. I am massively unhappy with the removal of this feature from the watch. Please bring it back

hederamom
Explorer
Options

Try "Fitness Centric" watch face in the Informative category of custom watch faces. It shows calories burned metric above the time, on my Watch Active2.  NOTE:  It displays Step Count when searching through the watch faces of galaxy wearables app on my samsung note 5, but shows up as Calories Burned on the actual watch  face (at least on mine).