Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch overheating and battery draining very fast.

(Topic created on: 01-05-2021 05:18 AM)
Spoilthamster
Apprentice
Options

In the last few days I'm facing a lot of problems with my watch. The watch is not charging properly, it's heating up while charging. The screen keeps on showing overheating signs and goes into some power-saving mode. If i put watch on charge with approx 60%  whilst on the charger it will drop to about 20% and showes as over heating. And above all the battery drains in like 3 to 4 hrs. I have been using the watch for 3 months now and never had a problem before.

Kindly help me with a solution.
I'm using Note 9.

Regards

53 REPLIES 53
Paul1367
First Poster
Options
Same problem, watch suddenly starts saying, overheating and drains the battery in mins
MHashem
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here, I bought my galaxy watch 2 years ago and it was doing fine, 3 to 4 days of battery life, then all of a sudden it starts battery drain so fast, getting hot and when charged is displays "high temperature" and starts drainage while on the charger, official charger is used from day one. Any hope for a solution? Could this be a battery issue? 

0 Likes
Patos11
First Poster
Options

Hi. Same problem here. 2 mounths after 2 years warranty. Today i change battery but problem still here.

MHashem
Journeyman
Options

I took it to samsung service center and I told them the problem, they said it is the ic of the charging and it requires replacing the motherboard and it is not available, sad story. 

0 Likes
WaveyKat
Journeyman
Options

Yep what else is new Samsung is basically saying screw you! When they know they are selling a defective/fail product. And mind you my Apple Watch first generation still works, it might be a little slow but it still works!! 

LolaB
First Poster
Options
I've had mine for 2 years now. Yesterday, the battery drained, same as today . I mean within 3 hours after 100% charge. I reset the watch and boom it started overheating and turned on the cooling sign. My watch is in perfect condition and I'm stumped as to why this occurred within 2 days. It's such a shame samsung.
Forge3167
Journeyman
Options

I'm throwing my "my watch is over heating!!" hat in the ring.  W T H....

I've not had problems in the past, but today I started to get the overheating red triangle and the watch just died.  No error reports on the phone, or the watch itself.  I've looked through the comments on the community and I can't see that a good explanation has come from Samsung, so I don't hold much hope that this is a problem Samsung have put time into investigating and fixing.

Since my watch is a few years old , I can't imagine Samsung will repair or replace it under warranty. 

I'm losing faith in Samsung products and after sales service....

Forge3167
Journeyman
Options

The timing of these issues feels oddly coincidental that warranty had recently expired!!

Samsung!! speak up, let us know that you value our custom.  Give us a solution!

Forge3167
Journeyman
Options

Whilst I've had reasonably positive experiences of other Samsung watches, I think I need to re evaluate my allegiance to Samsung, and build a new one with a brand that produce reliable  products that are well supported after sale.

It's a shame. 

Google may want to re-think their planned joint OS amalgamation project with Samsung.

MHashem
Journeyman
Options

This is my second Samsung watch to go dead, first my galaxy gear 2 died after 2 years of usage, its screen started to have a yellow tint from the periphery then it died, my galaxy watch was just fine until suddenly it started overheating and not charging, I gave up on samsung watches and bought a huawei watch, not as smart but I hope it lasts longer

0 Likes