First Poster
Options
Any update 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Had similar with mine. Samsung watches not renowned for battery life.

Solution for me was to turn off Bluetooth connection to watch if you are streaming or listening to music on your device as the watch will also play it at the same time using battery resource.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I keep the screen off and get around two days of battery life.

It's standby time is horrendous.

I just use it for checking messages and stuff really not much for the sports tracking.

Tried the sleep tracking which is good but ended up with burnt skin.

Make sure the strap is not to tight and you can actually fit your finger in between the strap and the watch.

It's a good watch but so far I am not a fan. Much prefer my huawei gt2 which gives me 1 week of battery life with limited functions which fit my lifestyle.

With the galaxy 6 watch maybe just get into a routine of slapping it on the charger either in the morning or when you come home as its easily topped up.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I'm not sure how you use your watches of course, but the battery on my Watch 6 Classic is great. Lasting 2+ days with ease. That's with sleeping tracking on at night, measuring my heart rate continuously every 10 mins. Playing Google Music through my earbuds, using the Watch as a remote controller. Taking phone calls in the car etc.
I do keep my display off and only wake it with the button though.
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
I used to use a Huawei GT Watch. Only stopped because the App wouldn't work that well following the US ban and the Google Play Store.

Got 2 weeks battery on a charge out of that, really don't see why Samsung struggle with batteries so much (on watches and mobile phones).
0 Likes
Vipul202
First Poster
Options
Mine does not last and when diagnosed says battery okay. Suprise and happy for you and very sad for mine watch.
0 Likes
georgieboy
Pioneer
Options
Interesting I'm going to buy a watch and cannot make my mind up I take it the hauwei links up fine with ultra24
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ideally it's better to buy the same brand as your phone as it will work better .

The galaxy watch has quiet a lot of stuff built into it and probably the reason it dies quicker.

You have to see what you want from your watch and go with that.

I only use watch for time and message and WhatsApp notifications and the odd call. So for me the the huawei gt2 work well as its cheaper bigger and almost a week battery life.

The watch 6 has blood pressure and ecg which is good to have but not sure how usable it is in a day to day scenario.

Also the free watch 6 I received is very tiny and more for ladies or people with thin wrists.

I also prefer the design of the huawei.

Maybe see what you want in your watch and decide what's good for you.

I don't have issues with the huawei as a Bluetooth device works well but limited functions compared to the galaxy 6 watch.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My huawei gt2 works fine.

I'm probably looking what the Samsung ring will offer.

So far the galaxy watch hasn't impressed me personally and skin burn was the last straw.

You really need to keep it quiet loose and not to tight.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Probably the classic has a bigger battery. The standby time is horrendous on the smaller entry level one.
0 Likes