Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 battery drain. Dead within hours after update

(Topic created on: 08-12-2022 02:05 PM)
laughkay
Student
Options
I'm getting really sick of this, and by "this" I mean unexplainable battery drain on my S4.

I've had the watch since Easter. I don't have many apps, just Samsung Health and Strava that I use. 
The first week or so, the battery wasn't good, lasting around 6 to 9 hours.

Maximum 20 hours between charges. Maximum!

Now I'm back down to 6 to 9, after the GVK4 update.
My Strava can't find a satellite without me standing like a statue for a few minutes (used to lock on in seconds)

There are no updates waiting. I've changed nothing. What's the crack?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@laughkay: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing battery issues with your Galaxy Watch 4. To get an idea of what might be causing the device to drain so quickly, please charge it to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches around 30%, then head to the galaxy Wearable app on your phone > Watch Settings > Battery. If you check the breakdown of your usage below the graph, are any apps or features listed that are using a higher than expected amount of battery (based on your usage)? 

In the meantime, please take a look at the steps below in an effort to improve your overall battery life. 

- Make sure the device is on the latest software via Settings > Software Update, or on the Galaxy Wearables app via Watch Settings > Watch Software Update
- Disable Watch Always On, if applicable, via Settings > Display > Watch Always On.
- Disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when not in use
- Disable unused health features, such as the Heart Rate Tracker, by heading to Samsung Health > Settings > Measurement > Manual Only
-During periods of downtime, head to Settings > Battery > Watch Only > Turn On.

0 Likes
laughkay
Student
Options
Hi Andrew.
I shall certainly perform your first request, but I'm not changing anything else.
I've had this watch for over 6 months now, why would I turn off features that I use, to get more out of a battery that should perform better than my old watch?
You wouldn't buy a car then expect not to use the lights at night?
0 Likes
laughkay
Student
Options
Hello, me again. Barely 5 hours use today, after last night's software update.
0 Likes
laughkay
Student
Options
24% usage by Samsung health. The rest of the apps don't even add up to 10%
0 Likes
laughkay
Student
Options
What's the refund or exchange policy?
0 Likes
laughkay
Student
Options
I've been monitoring this for a week. Nothing shows up in the usage over 20%! That's Samsung health. The rest of the apps come up to 5% in TOTAL!
0 Likes