Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Running Tracking Delayed Start by about 5 to 10 min

(Topic created on: 13-04-2022 04:30 PM)
Klvn
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I bought the Samsung Watch 4 Classic and so far so good.

But I identified a problem with the running tracker app. I start the running app on the watch, then I start running around my neighborhood. After I am done returning to where I started, I click finished on the watch.  I check my exercise history on the phone and will see my route starting about 5 to 10 min away from where I started. I did this repeatedly and it happened everyday.

So picture this, instead if seeing a full circle of how I have run, I see a three quarter drawn circle because it looks like GPS did not start right away. It may have something to do with auto workout detection but I'm manually starting the running app.

Galaxy Watch4 Classic 

Please advise how I can fix this.

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
Wearables

@Klvn: If you're using Auto Detect Workouts (Samsung Health app > Settings > Auto Detect Workouts) then there will be a delay of around 10 minutes while it detects that you're engaged in an activity. To avoid this, manually enable the workout by heading to Samsung Health > Exercise > Choose Workout > Running. 

Members_V5j0VIQ
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Well the same thing happened to me recently.  And so was pleased to see this question had a reply, only to find that it suggests doing exactly what the OP (and I) did, which is start the activity manually!

Klvn
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Thanks Andrew, I already started the exercise app manually before I ran, but yet it won't be able to track my route for the first 5 to 10 min.

I am including a map. I started and finished at exactly the same spot, but the history showed I started later at the black dot, so its missing the route in the red circle.

Screenshot_20220421-103208_Samsung Health.jpg

F3 Posh
First Poster
Options
Wearables

The same keeps happening with me, I start my run manually and when I'm done it shows the map start point at a much later time. What is the fix?

Mopar King
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I have been having the same issue since the Watch 4 came out.  My Active 1 and Active 2 were WAY more accurate in tracking my runs.  I run a 3k 5 times a week and my Watch 4 only tracks 2.4 of it.  Like the OP I also manually initiate my run.  

If this problem persists when the 5 comes out in August it will be the last Samsung wearable I purchase.

0 Likes