Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote camera not working

(Topic created on: 29-12-2022 07:37 PM)
Biffbiffington
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy watch 5 Pro

When selecting the remote camera app "loading preview" appears, the camera app opens on the phone, however after 10 seconds it ends with "couldn't load preview" 

Tried restarting both the watch and phone however getting same message. 

Any solutions ? 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Biffbiffington 

Have you checked that the software on both your phone and your Watch are updated to the latest software version available?

0 Likes
Biffbiffington
Journeyman
Options
Hi Chris, checked and the watch is up to date and phone software is up to date. Weirdly, it was working fine on the 25th, there has been no changes to my phone or watch since then and now its not working.

Are you aware of any ways of deleting and reinstalling the camera feature on the watch ?
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Have a look at the list of apps on the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. Are you given the option to uninstall?

0 Likes
Biffbiffington
Journeyman
Options
On Galaxy Wearable >Watch settings> Apps> Camera controller - only 'Force stop' and 'open' are available. I've tried both, but no fix.
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Does the same apply to the Camera Controller app on your phone too?

0 Likes
Biffbiffington
Journeyman
Options
Where can I find the camera controller app? Searched apps and nothing there
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Mmm! We're going by the instructions provided on the following link from our friends in the US. It's possible that this may not be required on your phone, it it came preinstalled on the Watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084676/ 

0 Likes
Biffbiffington
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy store is not on my watch, play store is however but there is no samsung camera controller on there. I've searched the galaxy store on my phone and nothing comes up for "camera controller". Finally, I googled samsung camera controller and a link comes up to the galaxy store- however a message comes up saying the app isn't compatible with my watch 🤨. Looks like it was preinstalled on my watch, it now doesn't work and I'm stuck with it!
0 Likes
tidyboythfc
Journeyman
Options
I had this issue, its basically a camera issue on your phone. Not the watch.

All you have to do is:

Go to settings and make sure you force stop the camera app and check it see its not open anywhere. It shouldn't be after a force quit.

Then restart your phone.

Should work find after that.
0 Likes