Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls in standalone mode

(Topic created on: 16-07-2021 08:59 PM)
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
I have the 4G Watch3. It's connected to my phone plan on O2. 
I have full functionality over bluetooth. 

Operating in standalone mode, I can text and receive texts but I can't make or receive calls or get any other notifications. I've checked the 4g signal and I have full signal, so it's not that. 

As far as I can tell, all the settings are correct. Sim is enabled, phone settings allow for texts and calls on other devices etc. When I turn everything off on my watch at home (as a control test), it says 'switch to mobile data?', I say yes and it then says, 'connect to Bluetooth'.. which I obviously can't do as I am out of range. I shouldn't need to, because I have a sim in the watch. This is the same message I get when I'm out of range of WiFi or my phone. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on what's going on at all please? The connection must be OK as I am receiving texts. Although I did see in another thread that texts connect to the phone, whereas calls bypass it. But surely if I didn't have any signal to the sims they wouldn't show as 4g? It has told me I'm registered on the network, which it wouldn't if my sim was disabled. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
LeoXXL
Pioneer
Options
I do have Samsung 4G watch that works on Bluetooth and as well stand alone. However in order to work as stand alone, you need your eSIM on your phone be activated by your provider and in my case, on Vodafone at a cost of £7 per month. If you have done that with your provider and still not working? Do contact them directly.
0 Likes
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
Yes I have the esim. Set up by o2 yesterday. They've said all connections are as they should be.. so no idea what is going on.
0 Likes
marky1
Apprentice
Options
To be honest I am so disappointed with Samsung dave I'd just give it back I have lots of Samsung gadgets and 1 television jas gone wrong I just can't believe that a company like this is so bad at repairs if I'm very lucky it will be fixed in about a week and a half which will meen its taken 3 weeks my television is 10 months old they also told me that of they couldn't repair it the would replace it with a RECONDITIONED ONE
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
You might want to check in the Galaxy Wearable app - Mobile Plan on your phone that the watch has been linked to your O2 plan
0 Likes
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
It says it has. Everything has been checked by o2 and declared working. I'm at a complete loss. It's exactly the same story with my mum's.. both sims set up in o2 store yesterday.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
In the Galaxy Wearable app - Mobile Plan - is it showing O2 as Service provider and showing Service State as in service ?
Also maybe check settings on the watch itself Settings - Connections - Mobile Network and check Auto is on and also Mobile data is on
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Just also thinking when I set mine up with Vodafone they said it could take a day for everything to be fully activated - from memory I think it maybe was the day after before it all worked ! Can't remember if I also powered the watch off and back on !
0 Likes
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
Yes all those connections are saying as they should. Maybe tomorrow it will kick in 🤞
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
🤞 - if not then maybe could try calling O2 support or check the FAQ"s on the O2 website or Google
If still not work might be worth reposting on here specifying " O2 " in the title and maybe someone else who uses O2 can help in case is something specific to them
Hope you get it sorted
0 Likes