Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misalignment issues with watch face of galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 10:11 AM)
BojBoj
First Poster
Options

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm (SM-R810) and I like it very much. I have got one problem with it though. When the option 'watch always on' is on, the watch face goes in a standby mode. When that happens, the watch face misaligns a little bit. For some watch faces you don't really notice it, but for some others it just doesn't look good. It happens with every watch face. It seems to zoom out, and then just randomly moves to one side.

Can I fix this problem somehow, or maybe it can be fixed with an update?

See pictures below for how it looks.

Normal watchface:

This is how it looks when it is not on standby and how it should look.This is how it looks when it is not on standby and how it should look.

Misaligned watchface:

This is the standby mode.This is the standby mode.At the left you can see the edge of the watch face, but at the right you can't.At the left you can see the edge of the watch face, but at the right you can't.

Edit:
I found something on the internet about a different brand of watch which had the same problem. Someone said the screen moved around a little bit in 'Always on' mode to prevent burn-in from the oled screen. Could this be the case for this watch as well? It does seem to move a little bit, the white edge on the pictures above sometimes jumps around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/a4k2sh/ambient_mode_watch_face_off_center/

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
did you tried to factory reset on your watch?
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Your watch looks like it's got wear marks on the ring, you sure its new?

Anyway, send it back! Either the screen is misaligned or it's faulty.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
BojBoj
First Poster
Options

yes, still the same problem

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
its a simple case of screen burn prevention, its move the face slightly although it doesn't 100 % work it just slows down the screen burn in
0 Likes