Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapMyRun Active 2 Not connecting

(Topic created on: 05-08-2020 12:44 PM)
mdezrin
Apprentice
Options

I just changed phones, from a Pixel 3 to a Samsung S20. I had no problem connecting MapMyRun with the pixel. However, connecting the Active 2 has been problematic overall.

MapMyRun on the watch keeps telling me to login in the phone . I am logged in. I log out and login. Nothing. I've deleted and reinstalled the watch app.

All apps and O/S are current. 

Inside the phone app, I see Samsung Health and other apps or devices. I don't see anyway to connect the watch . 

Screen_20200804_230849.png

31 REPLIES 31
alphapapaactual
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem here in Sweden with the new Samsung Galaxy s22 ultra and Galaxy active 2 watch. Really frustrating that this issue don't seem to have a better fix. I am using Google advanced security program that doesn't allow me to install apk either

0 Likes
sinemar
First Poster
Options

This has definitely solved my problem !!!

I changed my phone from s9 to s21. Since then I had the same problem and couldn't use mapmyrun on my watch. I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps on my watch and phone so many times, cleared cache and all, even formatted my watch. Nothing worked.

Just like you said, the issue was not on the watch app but the phone app. Once I installed mid 2021 apk version of mapmyrun on my phone things went back to normal. My watch app finally stopped giving error and connected to my phone. And my phone app immediately got a notification of update so they are all updated and working nicely now.

Thank you all so much for sharing your experience. It was such a relief!

0 Likes