Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this what we expect from a Samsung product.

(Topic created on: 03-08-2021 04:37 PM)
Kasimo
Explorer
Options
Why are  Samsung watches so unreliable at tracking fitness. My watch today says I walked 28000 steps and counting. Been working from home at desk all day. Even says I'm walking through the night. Even the best sleep walker can't as far as I do at night. Then there's the swimming. Very hit and miss if stats are captured or not.

Very disappointing and cannot see myself investing in future such watches. 
9 REPLIES 9
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Have you got examples of this? My watch tracks perfectly and has from day one.

What steps have you taken regarding this?
Kasimo
Explorer
Options
Well sitting here on settee. Just gone midnight. Phone says no steps (correct) watch already up to 175 and counting. About an hour ago started tracking a bike ride, whilst sitting on settee. Rebooted, factory reset many, many times. Time to ditch Samsung watch and try something else me thinks. Anyone else having similar challenges.
jackdee
Explorer
Options
Have you accessed the special access settings in Apps on the settings of your device and looked through.
App that can go on top of all apps and gone into it and switched all off accept switched them all off except android system and system ui and on the same one with system settings and come out and gone into apps that can change system settings and do exactly the the same to access this menu go to apps in normal settings and them press the 3 dots plus try battery optimizing your watch in battery optimzer try that and let me no what happens and I'll help you with more advice
0 Likes
Kasimo
Explorer
Options
Thank you for response, but I'm not following you. Looked around in apps / settings and not seeing what you are saying. Thanks anyway
0 Likes
jackdee
Explorer
Options
In settings go into 'app's and in the top right hand corner of screen there will be 3 dots press that and there will be a selection called "special access" and follow what i said in my last comment pal good luck
jackdee
Explorer
Options
Did that help?
0 Likes
jackdee
Explorer
Options
What do you need help with??
0 Likes
Kasimo
Explorer
Options
Hi. Well I couldn't find that menu. But suddenly everything started working again. Thanks for trying to help though. I'll see how long it lasts this time.
0 Likes
SM3456
Journeyman
Options
Has anyone found a solution? My galaxy watch 3 never had this issue, but I go and spend £450 on a watch 5 pro and hey presto, no basic functionality included for that price! Turning off auto record doesn't help during the swim, it still says I did 4000 steps during 1 hour swim
0 Likes