Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Is there a way to do interval runs on the galaxy watch?

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 10:18 AM)
Maani77
Journeyman
Options
Hi. I'm getting into running and I have the Galaxy Watch4. In the past I've used Strava and Samsung Health for my exercise but I'm looking for a way to be able to do interval runs on the watch and be alerted when the interval changes. For example, after a 60 second walk, 1 minutes of run starts letting the wearer know via vibration. 

1. Can we do interval runs on the galaxy watch using a app we can download/pre installed?
2. If we can, does the app allow the wearer to be alerted when the interval changes.

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Maani77 ,

I have had a look at this and it seems that there are some apps that allow you to do that. You may want to have a look at THIS LIST

Maani77
Journeyman
Options
Hi @TessM, for some reason I'm unable to see the list. Is it supposed to be a link?
0 Likes
Solution
AsadM
Options

@Maani77 Yeah, it's a link. You can access it here: https://techwiser.com/best-timer-apps-for-galaxy-watch/

0 Likes
Pedro Saragoça
First Poster
Options
after the new update, just follow the video step by step to set up an interval run https://youtube.com/shorts/sCOoTcdf1L4?feature=share
0 Likes
shazjmorgan
Student
Options

Hi @Maani77 
Did you ever find an answer or work-around for this?
I have just been searching with the exact same question.  :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Maani77
Journeyman
Options
Yes. So Samsung have added an update to the watch and Samsung health. If you go to the Samsung health widget on the watch, select the option to see all training methods, navigate to running and click the settings. In here, you can set an interval target. I'll see if I can put up a video of mine.
shazjmorgan
Student
Options

Thanks so much! This was driving me bonkers!
I was trying to set up my running with the 'running coach' in the workout options.  I've now found the 'Running' option and set my intervals.  It looks like this method also manages to skip the 5 min warm up and cool down as well.  This is fabulous because I am wanting to incorporate my running into my daily walk.
Thanks so much for your help. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Carolynngay
First Poster
Options

Hi, I’m having trouble finding this on my new galaxy 4, did you find a video to upload at all, thanks

0 Likes
Maani77
Journeyman
Options
I did create a video but it won't let me add it.

What you need to do is go the Samsung widget where you select running. Click on the button to show all workouts. Scroll to running and you'll see a settings button. Click the settings button and select Target. In Target you should see intervals near the bottom of the list. Select intervals and you'll be then able to setup the run. Hope that helps. VideoCapture_20220629-074918_167444_1656485061.jpgVideoCapture_20220629-074923_167445_1656485061.jpg