Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Accuracy

(Topic created on: 11-01-2021 09:28 AM)
Arie67
Navigator
Options

I am disappointed with the Samsung Galaxy watch. Based on ‘good’ reviews I bought it half a year ago. But from all the Strava recordings I’ve seen, Samsung GPS is by far worst in class. This becomes very evident on a running track. Compared to others, it looks ridiculous. It’s frustrating me. I’m only a little step away from buying a Garmin.

I assume this is caused by Samsung hardware. Do you know if I can do anything to improve GPS accuracy?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Arie67
Navigator
Options

I posted same question on Gear Tracker community. Runners confirmed that Samsung GPS is notorious inaccurate on running track.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Arie67
Navigator
Options

I posted same question on Gear Tracker community. Runners confirmed that Samsung GPS is notorious inaccurate on running track.

0 Likes
kagome05
Student
Options

It's not only the Samsung watch, it's an issue for all Samsung devices. I've got a Samsung Galaxy S20, my sister's got a Samsung Galaxy S21, and a friend has a Samsung S10 and Samsung watch. We all are running and use a running app, and we all have noticed that GPS is not working properly on all our Samsungs. I had a Sony before and the GPS accuracy was very high it was showing my running path when i was overtaking people or parked cars, whilst Samsung GPS is showing me crossing the river, walking through the buildings so GPS is faulty in all Samsung products 

0 Likes