Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay on galaxy watch 4 not working

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 12:08 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
Hello there! 

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 and I used to be able to use Google pay on it with no issues, but since I got into the Android 12 Beta program Google pay has not been working. I thought once updating to the official version that it would start working, but that was only the case on my phone. I can't seem to be able to set it up on my watch. The app prompts me to make it my default tap to pay app but when I go to setting there is only the option for Samsung Pay... 

Anyone knows how to fix this? 
44 REPLIES 44
Gabrielius_LT
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a similar problem, watch 4 classic LTE (phone s21+) Gpay is installed on both devices, seems ok until trying to pay at shop, with phone everything is OK, with watch - nothing happens. in NFC settings there is no option to choose between samsung pay or Gpay. it does show that there is "no app for paying installed". Location Lithuania. 

Maybe some of you encountered this type of problem? found solution?

0 Likes
Aarx
Apprentice
Options

Hello.

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 LTE (SM-R895F) bought in Greece with software version R895FXXU1FVC8 and the latest updates available installed.

I had the same problem as with many with the Google Pay app on the watch, i.e. there was no option for setting GPay as default for NFC payments. The only option available on the watch was Samsung Pay which anyway is not available in Greece yet.

I have tried most of the suggested solutions presented in this and other forums (resetting, uninstalling-reinstalling GPay on the watch, use of VPN, etc.) but without any result.

After having almost given up, I thought of setting the GPay app as default on my mobile (Galaxy S21 - connected to the watch). By that time I had another wallet app as default for NFC payments on the mobile and NOT GPay.

While setting the GPay app as default on the mobile, magically, the option to set GPay app as default on the watch appeared. I finally selected GPay as the default NFC payment app on the watch and now Gpay is working as it should  - I already have added a credit card on the watch and used it to pay with success.

I hope this information may be helpful to anyone with a similar problem.

doc_chazz
Student
Options

I don't know what changed but suddenly I have GPay as a default option on my watch where until now I only had Samsung as the only option. Glad they seem to have fixed it. 

0 Likes
Pavelek
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, @Aarx! I can confirm, that works for me!! (if there only was no some silent update last days that had allowed Google pay where it previously was not available). Everybody facing the issue, the solution from @Aarx more than worths a try!

0 Likes
Harisirigouni
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have recently buy samsun galaxy watch 4(UK version) but do not see google pay app in the app store, is anyone also experiencing same issue?

0 Likes