Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay on galaxy watch 4 not working

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 12:08 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
Hello there! 

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 and I used to be able to use Google pay on it with no issues, but since I got into the Android 12 Beta program Google pay has not been working. I thought once updating to the official version that it would start working, but that was only the case on my phone. I can't seem to be able to set it up on my watch. The app prompts me to make it my default tap to pay app but when I go to setting there is only the option for Samsung Pay... 

Anyone knows how to fix this? 
44 REPLIES 44
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
This is what happens 20211126_120129_42964_1637928091.jpg20211126_120134_42965_1637928096.jpg20211126_120057_42962_1637928059.jpg
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
Hi,
Certain high risk apps like GPay will not always work on Beta released software as it is not always officially signed and so appears not to be legitimate to these apps. Samsung has promised to review and hopefully fix this in the future but I would be surprised if that happens for this version.
The only alternative you have is to either use Samsung Pay or downgrade back to android 11 which is probably not worth the effort seeming as the full releases are due out very soon, where GPay will work as before.
Maybe drop Samsung a message that they need to communicate these things better in the future even though I'm pretty sure it does mention these sort of issues in beta testing.

Best of luck 👍🏼
0 Likes
Members_4DBeTJd
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with a recently purchased Watch 4 classic. My phone is a S21 Ultra running Android 12. I have installed Google Pay on both the phone and the watch, however on the watch ONLY Samsung Pay is available under Settings/Connections/NFC/Payment. I would use Samsung Pay but it is not available in my country. Any ideas anyone?

0 Likes
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
Mine just fixed it self last week after the latest update came out. It suddenly just started to show up on the default payment apps
Members_8AVetf4
Student
Options

Same here I am  using galaxy fold 2 and only Samsung pay is displayed any thoughts on how to fix this?

0 Likes
Members_8AVetf4
Student
Options

Was is an update on GPAY or was it an update on android 12?

sempron79
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I have a similar problem with Gpay on Samsung Watch 4 LTE edition. The watch is paired with a Samsung S21 phone, running on Android 12 with One UI 4.0.

I successfully installed the Gpay application on both, watch and phone, Gpay is OK on the phone (I made several payments with Gpay on the phone at different merchants), but on the watch, each time when I try to open Gpay application, watch displays the message "Set Google Pay as your default to make contactless payments", and it redirects me to NFC-->Payment and there, only Samsung Pay application is available, there's no Gpay application, so I cannot select it as the default application.

This scenario happens each time when I try to open Gpay application on the Watch 4 LTE, the cards that have been incorporated on Gpay on the Samsung S21 phone are not visible on the Watch 4, so I cannot use the watch to make payments (I tried to pay with the watch at different stores, but nothing happens, as I expected).

Please note that I installed Gpay application via Play Store on the watch, but I also installed it by triggering the installation process from the phone, still the same issue.

More than that, I followed some suggestions from XDA developers forum and using ADB debugging I disabled Samsung Pay app on the watch and reinstalled Gpay from the scratch. Now, each time when I open Gpay, I got the same message to make it as default payment application and there, Samsung Pay app is not available anymore, but neither Gpay (under the Payment menu, Watch says "no payment application installed").

It's quite a shame that Gpay application doesn't work on Samsung ecosystem (Watch 4 LTE + Samsung S21) and Samsung ignores this, they don't send an update or something to fix this software bug.

Samsung Watch 4 LTE edition watch info is:

- model: SM-R875F

- CSC: R875FOXA1DUJA

eliko1
First Poster
Options

A close friend and I had the exact same problem. Google pay didnt work on the watch and we only had the Samsung pay option under the NFC menu. Luckily, my friend managed to find a way to fix this issue on both our watches.

Before trying this, keep in mind this will require you to reset your watch and the risk is on you...

Here's what we did:
1. On your watch, delete the google pay application (no need to remove it from the phone)

2. From within the Wear phone app, go to watch settings -> account and backup

3. Delete all device backups and cancel the auto-backup option

4. Navigate back to watch settings -> about watch

5. Scroll all the way down and under the "looking for something else?" section click on reset

6. On the next page chose the option "keep mobile plans"

7. Once you complete the watch reset, connect it back to your phone

8. Re-install the google pay app on your watch and it should work

We both have Galaxy watch 4 with LTE 44MM SM-R875U

One UI watch version 3.0

System Version 11

He has a One Plus phone and I have Galaxy S10

0 Likes
sempron79
Explorer
Options

Hi eliko1,

thanks for your response. I will try the above steps, hopefully will solve my issue, too.

0 Likes