Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 won't automatically reconnect to bluetooth when back in range.

(Topic created on: 19-01-2018 01:46 AM)
Chris_N
Student
Options

Hello wonder if you can help.

I have just purchased a Gear s3 and I have it paired and connected to my iPhone 6. The watch works perfect until I become out of Bluetooth range and thus my watch will lose connection, which is as expected. The problem comes when I’m back in Bluetooth range i.e. back with my phone the gear s3 will not automatically reconnect like other devices I have left it 30mins plus and it still won’t automatically reconnect. I have to manually keep turning Bluetooth on and off on both the watch and phone and then clicking on both the Bluetooth connections on my phone (Gear S3(DC10) & Gear S3(DC10) LE) to try and get it to reconnect eventually after going through this process multiple times it will finally connect again. Any help will be appreciated as I can’t keep doing this every time I’m away from my phone. Thanks In advance.

157 REPLIES 157
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Issue is more frequent now !

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
rvalloric
First Poster
Options

My S3 Frontier is doing the same.  will not reconnect.  Wroked when I received the watch 10 months ago and for last several now it does not reconnect.  Is anyone at Samsung working on this?  Would be nice to know if so so that we do not start opening help tickets on this issue.....

0 Likes
ouzebest
First Poster
Options

Hello guys,

Had the same pb since update, found that auto wifi is the bug. just turned it off and the watch reconnected automatically. Hope this will help u.

0 Likes
Frankbarb
First Poster
Options

Same bt problem. S7 and frontier with verizon cell service. I did a system cache reset and works fine so far

0 Likes
Ddg673fcc
First Poster
Options

I just purchased the S3 Gear Frontier, and am experiencing the same problem.  Everytime I move out of Bluetooth range I need to manually go back into the Gear App and connect.   APP info  2.2.17082261   Gear S Plugin   2.2.03.17121551.  This sucks........

0 Likes
Mimzy1952
First Poster
Options

Hi my Gear version is the current one 2.2.17082261. The Gear Plugin version is 2.2.03.17121551. It was updated on prompt by my Samsung S8+ phone.

I'm having the same trouble as the others, if I'm a lousy 3m from my phone, the bluetooth disconnects and (mostly) will only reconnect if I manually connect on the phone. Even then it is tardy.

Pretty unacceptable given the cost of the phone and the watch. Please hurry up and patch this problem, Samsung

0 Likes
jazzprophecy
Student
Options
Having the same problem after the update. Even with the Galaxy S7, their flagship phone.
0 Likes
AuntieK
First Poster
Options

Since my last gear update, the gear doesnt automatically connect to the bluetooth.

0 Likes
jazzprophecy
Student
Options

I figured out what my problem was; I just needed to restart the Gear S3 Frontier.

0 Likes
NathanWojo
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I've had to fully reset my S3 Frontier two times and I'm not doing it again. It just won't connect. I try to and it just says connection underway forever. The watch is useless to me now because it doesn't show my phone's notifications while I'm at school. PLEASE FIX THIS! By the way, I'm on the Note8 so it should work flawlessly.

0 Likes