Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 won't automatically reconnect to bluetooth when back in range.

(Topic created on: 01-07-2017 08:40 PM)
Chris_N
Student
Options

Hello wonder if you can help.

I have just purchased a Gear s3 and I have it paired and connected to my iPhone 6. The watch works perfect until I become out of Bluetooth range and thus my watch will lose connection, which is as expected. The problem comes when I’m back in Bluetooth range i.e. back with my phone the gear s3 will not automatically reconnect like other devices I have left it 30mins plus and it still won’t automatically reconnect. I have to manually keep turning Bluetooth on and off on both the watch and phone and then clicking on both the Bluetooth connections on my phone (Gear S3(DC10) & Gear S3(DC10) LE) to try and get it to reconnect eventually after going through this process multiple times it will finally connect again. Any help will be appreciated as I can’t keep doing this every time I’m away from my phone. Thanks In advance.

157 REPLIES 157
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I have an S8+ I have done multiple full resets does not work for me - neither did it work on my S7 and my wife Gear S2 has the exact same issue. I suspect in the newer software builds S3 derived is the cause, as the S2 was fine I used I before for a year without issue, Upgrade to the latest software bam watch is useless when disconnects.

Samsung do you morons even read these forums of not why bother just get rid of them.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Mist
Apprentice
Options

Sorry, thats the name that shows on my phone, but after a not easy search i found the playstore name: AUTO BLUETOOTH FREE and no problems with battery that a can see

0 Likes
Mist
Apprentice
Options

Change to oneplus 5 and the same S****; always disconecting from bluetooth and never reconects AUTO BLUETOOTH here i came again. Shame on Samsung

Keither
Student
Options
Same issue here. I ditched Apple to come back to Samsung after taking a leave after the Galaxy S3, I'm loving the phone but not the watch. It's useless in its current state.
Ritchie
Journeyman
Options

Same here, S6 phone S2 watch, tried factory reset on both, nope ***** thing still wont re connect. only thing its any good for now is counting steps. Switching to my fitbit until its fixed. I know tech has problems but the fact Samsung isn't even responding to this issue is pretty much disgusting. 

Ritchie UK

LondonPete
Student
Options

Hi

Having same reconnection problems with Gear 3 and S7. Initially it worked fine but after latest SW updates it has to be manually reconnected. It makes the watch worse than useless. Maybe we should start a Class Action lawsuit against Samsung. It might at least make them more communicative on this killer problem. Or maybe they are so traumatised after Note 7 fiasco, they think they can bury their collective heads in the sand and that we will all forget about the issue...they are wrong. 

0 Likes
Mist
Apprentice
Options

For me it's easy; won't buy a Samsung smart ever . And it's not a smartphone problem; just bought a OnePlus 5 , tried with my wifes OP2 and the same. Everyone of the olds Moto 360 worked flawlessly. I was expecting that they worked this after some time.... I'm gonna sell this s*** 

0 Likes
Rula
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue following the update in June 2017 and I had owned the watch only a few days prior and bluetooth connectivity was hit and miss at best and manual at worst. So I thought how amazing that they have provided a fix with this new update. But turns out the joke is on us.

Its pathetic that my s3 gear still disconnects from my phone and refuses to reconnect when its is right next to it.

Bluetooth pairing is a BASIC requirement.

Selling a watch that doesnt work after an 'update' that is meant to fix bluetooth connectivity is CRIMINAL.

My Huawei Watch never had any issues for the 18months I used it, but after it died suddenly after a particularly intense workout & the customer services didn't have spare parts in Jordan;  I vowed never to buy Huawei again.

Smart watches seem to be work in progress and a poor excuse for these supposedly leading electronic manufacturers to take their customers for a ride. I have a beautiful looking, useless watch. I am frustrated, angry and hate Samsung beyond words.

Will NEVER buy Samsung again and will make sure NONE of my large network of friends & relatives do either. Pathetic.

EJ7
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here. Brand new S3 Frontier and Moto Z Force. Can't update firmware because I can't connect via Bluetooth... Samsung needs to fix this quick.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

Are you able to let us know the Gear app version you all updated to? (Try Samsung Gear > Settings > About Samsung Gear app, and see if it's in there for you if you're unsure.) And, if possible, where it was updated from (e.g. over the air or Play Store) and any other software-related info like current Android/iOS versions and models/makes of your respective phones? The moderating team should be able to escalate this to our software guys to have a look at for you then.