Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 with SIM

(Topic created on: 04-01-2017 06:09 AM)
AndyWard
Apprentice
Options

I've been using the Gear S with a Nano SIM so that I don't need my mobile when I'm out cycling. I would like to upgrade to the Gear S3 but it's only the WiFi version available in the UK.

Is there any news of the S3 with SIM being sold in the UK  yet?

I can't see the logic of having such a great smartwatch that has to be linked to a mobile all the time 

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Samsung-Rules
Journeyman
Options
No the UK won't be selling the same version
Mb
0 Likes
AndyWard
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply.

Can you give any more information on that situation, please?

I was thinking that I'd be able to upgrade from the Gear S (with nano-sim) to the Gear S3 Frontier w SIM  so that all I need is on my wrist. Leaving my Samsung Note safely at home.

As I said earlier,  I can't see the logic of having a Smart Watch that needs to rely on another mobile device for making calls etc..

Many thanks!

0 Likes
DTN
First Poster
Options
My Gear S with SIM was a Korean import t) via Amazon (last year) as it was no longer available in the UK. Perhaps same could apply to new Gear S3? Why change though?
0 Likes
Swifty
Pioneer
Options
I can't help you Andy, but you've inadvertently answered one of my questions. I wanted to know what the E-SIM was for, as it seemed likely I'd need a separate account if I had a separate SIM, and that might incur extra cost. Especially when my usage is so low, I'm permanently hovering on the edge of getting my account rescinded for lack of use!
Thank you for showing me that I can have the S3, without any extra SIM, handling calls from the S7 Edge in my pocket. You were a great help. 🙂
0 Likes
AndyWard
Apprentice
Options
Hi. The Gear S3 has an electronic /embedded SIM, I'm told. I'm assuming that the SIM would need to be set by the mobile network. // I want to change because I tried an S3 on Samsung's advance purchase system. The watch is further improvement on the Gear S in many respects and all of the promotional publicity appears to show people using the S3 without any need to link to a mobile device. Looks like I'll have to stay with the Gear S until Samsung get around to releasing a version that can exist on its own
0 Likes
AndyWard
Apprentice
Options
Hi. The Gear S3 is a great smartwatch. I tried one on the Samsung pre-release offer but thought that it would be able to communicate on its own. It's a good Smartwatch. If you're happy for it to be tethered to your mobile, I'm sure that you'll find it very useful.
0 Likes