Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 is 800 calories a day lower than Fitbit Charge 2

(Topic created on: 31-05-2018 09:24 PM)
Quan27
Student
Options

I've had my Gear S3 for about 2 weeks now. I was using the Fitbit Cahrge 2 for over 2 years. On average  the Fitbit showed that I burned 2400 calories without excercise and 3100 with a tough 1 hour weight training workout (squats, deadlift etc...). The Gear S3 shows that I burn 2000 calories on non workout days and 2200 calories on weight traing days.

1.  It's a big difference in calories burned from the Gear S3 and Fitbit.

2. I would expect to burn much more than an extra 200 calories on days I weigt train for an hour.

Does anyone else have this issue? 

The gear Gear S3 is a beautiful watch. I don't want togo back to Fitbit. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
lilith14
Explorer
Options

I never used a fitbit but if I put my info into this https://tdeecalculator.net/ and it looks like the Basal Metabolic Rate it gives is around the same value as I get on my Gear S3 if I stayed in and did nothing all day on a Sunday.

I cannot say on the workout calories as I don't lift so not sure what I would expect from a 1hr of lifting calorie wise, but cardio is meant to burn more calories than weight training and an hour of cycling would burn around 400-500 calories, so I am not sure if 700 calories was bit high from the get-go. According to Myfitnesspal Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) for 60 min would burn 204 calories while a 60 min cycle would burn 554

If you put your info into the TDEE calculator is the BMR closer the S3 or the Charge2

0 Likes
Quan27
Student
Options

So this is what it says...

On days I exercise I burn 2800-3300 calories according to fitbit. Samsung shows 2100-2200

On days I don't exercise fit bit says I burn about 2400-2600 calories. Gear S3 says I burn about 2000. 

So in my opinion fitbit is pretty accurate. I hope that Samsung will fix this. 

Basal Metabolic Rate1,820 calories per day
Sedentary2,184 calories per day
Light Exercise2,503 calories per day
Moderate Exercise2,821 calories per day
Heavy Exercise3,140 calories per day
Athlete3,458 calories per day
0 Likes